Car was stolen last night.

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

What's your insurance situation?

From my recent sideswipe and your experiance, I can say I'm now looking into an agreed value insurance policy.

Nice to hear you got her back!
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

I'm going to put full coverage on it tomorrow.

And he was flat out doing clutch dumps.. that or he forced it into 1st gear.
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Don't just get "full-coverage", you will eventually end up trying to explain why it's worth more than the $2000 they are trying to give you. Usually in vain.

It's usually called "agreed value", but you need your policy to specifically state a replacement value. Sometimes this means finding an agreeable carrier.

Yeah, sounds like the fool was trying to do them famous 4 wheel burnouts. Time for a 6 speed swap...no? If it's really only rod knock then a crank and bearings should get you back in shape.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

That sucks. Luck of the Irish—shit happens, but it could be worse. At least you got it back. Can you go to court against the assclown and testify as to what he did to your car? Doubt it would do any good since stealing the car shows a lack of regard already, but might do something for you to be able to stare the guy down. Hope he wasn't a white drug addict since all they'll do is send him to a treatment center. If they're not going to legalize drugs so they can tax it and regulate it similar to alcohol, then they should get serious about stopping the problem. Going after dealers does nothing—they're capitalists and as long as there's a market for something, people will sell it. They need to execute the junkies. No buyers, no sellers.

For insurance on a special car, they'll need to appraise it and agree on the value otherwise they will screw you. You could have a 1935 Duesenberg J and the dirt bags would probably try to hit you with 75 years of depreciation off the original purchase price without some kind of agreement.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Just for shits n giggles, while he is in jail, file a civil suit against him for the damage.
Sometimes it is worth the $75 filing fee.

You will probably not see any money from it, but they can get more jail time for not abidiing by the settlement.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Any idea who the guy is?
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

No idea. Just some random crack head waste of space.
~Spencer
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

WOw, glad you got the car back!!!!! sorry it's f'ed up though but at least it's not a total loss!

Once you know his name, just wait til he gets out then................well, you know.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

I hear ya Matt ;)

And just so everyone knows... His name is Gary Meyers.
~Spencer
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

wow.... I think I just died a little in side. I really really REALLY hope someone just took it for a joyride and left it somewhere. I, for one, will definitely be keeping an eye out for your car.

I have a special hatred reserved for those slimy fuckers that would take someone elses hard work because they are to fucking lazy to get a real job.

Makes me wish I could stomach the Texas climate. Where they don't water down your Constitutionally guaranteed right to protect your family, home, and property. Two in the head mother fucker. You don't deserve a trial and your family doesn't get to sue me for protecting what is mine.
Dave

Post by Redlined »

ok... apparently i got on the bandwagon late. instead of editing my previous piece I'm just going to add to it by saying im glad you got your car back, it sucks that they trashed the motor/drivetrain. let me know if there is anything I can do to help get her back in top flight shape.

Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.
Dave
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Redlined wrote:
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.
LMFAO, that's sig material right there!
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Post by Smithcraft »

You might want to edit out the dudes name, for legal reasons.

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Gary Meyers.... sounds like it could be a GTA character to me! I think thats what he was going for... Stealing a car, rallying the shit out of it, trying to steal money, and doin drugs... I wonder if he shot anyone in the process
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Just hookers after he had his way with them and wanted his money back!

When I got GTA IV on my PS3 my friend was playing it and he just likes to get in a car (happened to be an ambulence at the time, ironically) and drive down the sidewalks with the in-car view so he can run the pedestrians down and watch them fly over his hood and windshield. lol
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

kimokalihi wrote:Just hookers after he had his way with them and wanted his money back!

When I got GTA IV on my PS3 my friend was playing it and he just likes to get in a car (happened to be an ambulence at the time, ironically) and drive down the sidewalks with the in-car view so he can run the pedestrians down and watch them fly over his hood and windshield. lol
not going to lie i was doing that the other not but in the comet, funny and bad at the same time
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

haha, o wow. anyways back on topic.... we all need to get a posse together with pitchforks and torches and storm the jail he is being held in.
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

What a D-Bag. Sounds like my cousin in law. He stayed at our house, made up tons of lies and in the end he stole my moms car and disappeared after robbing my neighbor. Then he went to the next town over and started robbing people all over the place over there.

Then somehow he never got caught and finally the car was towed somewhere and we got it back and later he turned himself in and I heard he only had to do like 2 months in jail because they didn't have evidence to charge him with all the robberies.

All the while I believe he was smoking meth, drinking and smoking weed and probably coke.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Glad you got the car back. Sorry to hear it got messed up.

Can I suggest a good alarm system. Clifford makes some of the best alarms out there. I've had mine since 96, and properly setup, they are pretty effective in at least keeping your car where you parked it.

I'm pretty sure my alarm going off saved me from having more stuff damaged or removed from the car when my rear window was busted in.

I've got the alarm output also hooked up to the hella horns. It's an extremely distinct sound when it goes off....and loud.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

haha, thats a good idea, I plan on getting hella horns as well, and when the time comes for an alarm, I will defiantely follow your footsteps on that... that certainly will not go unheard
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

yea, no kidding. Once its back on the road an alarm and kill switches are definitely goin in!!

I was thinking a series of switches on a hidden panel that have to be flipped in a certain order... like "Up Up Down Up" or "Down Up Up Down"
~Spencer
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

up, up , down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start?
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Exactly :lol:

Kinda like Control-Alt-delete for a car! :-D
~Spencer
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I have been curious about something like that for my car. The ECU has its own separate kill switch type thing.

I haven't looked at what's out there. It'd be nice if I could have a keypad type thing where I have to enter a code......transporterish....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

I use a hidden fuel pump switch, since the wires are easily accessible under the rear seat.

I might add a switch for the Link as well.

Derek though of using a RFID relay somewhere in the car. They are pretty cheap to buy.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m