Rear Strut Tower Bar, Wagon

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Rear Strut Tower Bar, Wagon

Post by evolutionmovement »

Got a 97 Impreza OBS bar from Makoto Auto Trends on Ebay for $50. Looks much better than the incorrect Cusco one I returned to Cobb that cost closer to $200. Had to cut notches from the sides of the mountings to clear the stud that holds the rear speaker mounts, but otherwise fit fine. Don't notice any difference in cornering as of yet (also have new tires - you may have read my venting about Duchess' Halloween adventure), but there's a big difference in creak reduction and a welcome general stiff feeling from the back. Over some rough uneven roads it no longer feels like the whole back of the car is twisting back and forth. Not sure it would make a difference on younger cars, but highly recommended for older ones, like mine (230K mi.)

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
subiecar
In Neutral

Your strut bar...

Post by subiecar »

:shock: I finally found someone who`s actually ordered/received and installed a rear strut bar on a wagon!!! What year is yours? What`s the part number and website I can contact for one? Please email me at subiedo@comcast.net with the info if you would.....thanks, Rod
Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

subie_do: Did you ever ask? Ive been running an oval Cusco bar intended specifically for our cars for probably 1.5 years.

Plus Im about 3000 miles closer :wink: