maf removal

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

maf removal

Post by azn2nr »

do you just unplug it by yanking the wiring harness off or do you have to unscrew the little thing it is attached to from the maf
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

if you are trying to remove the whole maf from the car, loosen the hose clampon the intake tubing and slide that off, unplug(dont yank, just press the button) the wiring harness, then take the top of the air filter box off. There are 4 screws or bolts (cant remember which) holding the maf to the air filter box. REmove those and you're done.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

where is this button you speak of? i was looking for one and i couldnt see one just some screws that hold the the thing the harnes is attached to to the silver tubeing.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

on the wire side of the connector, it should have a button near the middle of it, jsut push it and itll slide off

if you need a pic lemmeknow
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

thanks for the help the wires were getting in the way
-jason