I miss my Legacy

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I miss my Legacy

Post by IggDawg »

it's been a month or 2 now. I miss the "hsssssssss" and the subsequent "pshhhhh." I miss being able to really mod a car. it was so cheap to mod that thing. NA mods on my Impreza are so much more expensive. it's a lot harder to MacGuyver things. The torque that thing had was great.

anyways, I miss this bopard a lot too. I really felt like I had a good grasp on that car and I loved being able to dispense advice and whatnot. I learned that engine so much faster than I learned the EJ25. prolly cause I had to be inside it fixing things more often :lol: . anyways, hopefully I'll eb abck in the ranks soon. I have a job lined up and when I'm making some money I hope I can pick up anopther legacy. save a seat for me here huh?
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

We miss you here too.

I had the same learning experience. That last two Subarus I had were great cars and I loved working on them but I now know so much more about this car than I ever learned about the others. The car seems to call out for modification, or at least dismantling and subsequent reassembly. :)

Hurry up and get another turbo already.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Yeah, Igg, you were the most humorous of us, I feel. We miss that! :D :lol:

I look at it this way though. I'm really glad to hear that your Legacy fell into the hands of knowledgeable, appreciatve owners. I've been a real whiner lately when I see a really nice Subie in the wrong hands... :(

I bought my XT because 1) it is the one old Subaru I have wanted to own ever since I knew what a Subaru was :) and 2) I found a rare example of a Florida Subaru in excellent condition, calling out for a good home. I can't tell you how happy I am to have fulfilled both of those credentials... :mrgreen:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

It's not the same without you Igg :lol:. Good luck with the job thing. You're welcome here anytime.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Dr Nick
Second Gear

Post by Dr Nick »

Yeah iggdawg - get yourself another turbo and get back on here - we all need you! 8)

I guess all you can do is keep popping up here to remind yourself of what it's really all about!!
- Rob

1992 Legacy Turbo Estate (Wagon) / 5MT / 186k miles. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/legacy.html[/url]
1986 Suzuki GSX-R400 / 6MT / 43k km. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/mybike.html[/url]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yeah, and spread around a few more of those IggPoints every once in a while! :D
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

lol. good to see I'm missed a little :D . I play aroudn with my Impreza sometimes doing DIY this or DIY that (I'm so damn cheap), and I'll post about that in the tech forums on NASIOC. but for the most part I just post in OT. I don't get my hands dirty except to change the oil. I miss really tinkering.

and yeah. I really need to get my hands on another legacy turbo or at least an EJ22t. that's where all teh fun is at. I guess for now I'll just mosey on by from time to time and dispense what knowledge I can. and stuff. and the occasional IggPoint :D
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1990 CRX Si (for sale)

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I miss my Legacy too... Yeah I still have it, but I haven't driven it in a month. :cry: :cry:

I thought I had friends, but once I say the words "transmission back in," they all scatter like roaches. I think I finally have them all trapped in a corner, and we'll have a little "party" Sunday in which the transmission will at least be reattached to the engine, held up by its Xmember. I can put everything else back together.

Anyway, yes I love Ginger, she's been just as reliable as the Legacy has been, and she's a real trooper since I have to push her a bit harder to keep up with traffic :lol: But the fact of the matter is, Patti is my baby, the reason I care about Subarus in the first place, the reason I've come on this board and made friends with all of you guys, the reason for my happiness in life sometimes :roll:. And she sits in my garage in pieces, incapable of moving. Poor thing.

Just a few more weeks, while I gather my finances back up and get the rest of the parts I need, and then I'll be back in Patti's seat again! :D

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

Iggdawg Lives!!!!! :shock:
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

it's better that she's getting operated on, than running around with torn ligaments :D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Iggdawg, there's an EJ22t in a junkyard near you for $500 if just oil changes are making you restless... :wink: No turbo though.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I brought back an old thread people, Igg started it last year ;)

*Formerly DerFahrer*

IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

Hehe. thanks for the random bump. I still miss my legacy. I actually lurk here quite a bit still. I've got all this EJ22t knowledge in my head... I like to put it to use and help people out every now and then :D . There's a white 5MT '94 SS I'm tempting myself with nearby. I dunno if I'll end up getting it, but damn these cars are addictive. I'm constantly toying with getting another one :D.
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1990 CRX Si (for sale)