ssautochrome ebay tbe

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

ssautochrome ebay tbe

Post by azn2nr »

quality: 9.5
it looses .5 points because the metal is kinda thin on the muffler and pipe. only about 16 gauge. welds are so good im sure its all computer. flanges are really thick and the gaskets are really good too.

fit:8.5.
not taking into account the extention and trany bracket its verry good. i opted to do the extention on the midpipe instead of the axle back. it would have done exactly the same thing and would have been in the exact same spot. it hangs really low. walking to the car you can see it under there. we sinched it up as high as possible but thats just the way it sits. the o2 sensor was also a bit tight as the wires wernt quite long enough but we pulled the loom over a little and it worked out. on the dp it comes really close to the tranny but doesnt rattle. it may be touching.

sound: undecided
it is catless but has 2 resanotors on it and the muffler. its 3inch all the way thorugh even in the muffler. sound is pretty smooth but still has that boxer rumble.

performance: undecided.
my butt dyno says i got nothin. its design is as stright as any other in the world. i thought a tbe compared to my stock exhaust would be really impressive as far as gains go. i was kinda let down. then again i dont feel the 16g as much as i think i should.

looks.5.
this is just because it is a family sedan and the last time i ran it was pretty slow. the big coffee can style muffler isnt my favroite becaus i like twin tips. that and not only is it large but its also cockeyed and that might catch the wrong attention not only but including cops and v8's. but taken into consideration most tbe's have this style muffler and it has grown on me.

was it worth it?
yes. for the price it cant be beat. that and in all instances a pipe is a pipe. for thoes looking for an afordable tbe solution and dont want to shell out big bucks for one. this one is for you.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Don't forget to reset your ECU. My exhaust did nothing until I reset the ECU, it would only have moments of sweetness. But after the reset the 4 tire squealing began.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

ahhh. good idea. this may be a dumb question but thats just taking the power cable off adn pressing the brake right???
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

SSautochrome sucks. They don't return e-mails, and lie horribly in their auctions. Now I need to track them down and get them to refund my money for a product that isn't what they said it was.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]