Is my Clutch M.C reservior Larger than yours?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Put me down for one as well!
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Well not surprisingly, we're going to have to source them from the other side of the big pond.

Called up the subaru parts guy again today, telling him I believe the part is from Europe and RHD legacys. Not surprisingly, said he's unable to get it then. :(

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Yeah, that's unsurprising. I believe they were used on cars that came intercooled stock. That way they wouldn't have to worry about the intercooler hitting the MC; therefore, there was no need to install, or even offer, an offset MC on our (stock) non-intercooled cars.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

I've been down with flu all week, but I'll look into it sunday, sorry for the delay.
This one is LHD btw, most european cars are.

That subaru parts guy should be able to order it with the right part number. I know my dealer gets everything straight from Japan, they don't keep that many 92 leggy parts stock these days :lol:
Subaru Legacy Turbo 1992 - it's alive (but not done). VEMS ecu, 6mt, Wiseco/Eagle internals, Hybrid GT FMIC, 550cc, TD05 Big 16g @ 22psi, dynoed 294/293.
Now being parted out
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

Right, still haven't done the tmic swap, but I mailed the local dealer and he returned some info on the clutch reservoir. P/n: 37235AA010, price: $30 :shock:

I've ordered one just to clarify if this is it, it'll arrive in 14 days since he had to order it from Japan. He did verify though that it was bend to the side on the drawings so it looks like he found the right one.
I might be able to get a bunch of these overseas, but uhm could you please check if you can order it cheaper yourself :-)
Subaru Legacy Turbo 1992 - it's alive (but not done). VEMS ecu, 6mt, Wiseco/Eagle internals, Hybrid GT FMIC, 550cc, TD05 Big 16g @ 22psi, dynoed 294/293.
Now being parted out
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

$30???? Holy shit. I think it's like $8 here for the straight one.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

It just might be the right one then but it shows up on 1stsubaru parts.com as being 3 cents cheaper than the straight one.

Offset Oil Resevoir

37235AA010 $8.21

Got the straight resevoir part number from the parts catalog.

Straight Oil Resevoir

37235AA000 $8.24

Maybe I should order the offset one and see if I get the right part.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

kimokalihi wrote:$30???? Holy shit. I think it's like $8 here for the straight one.
Yeah well, you can imagine my facial expression when I asked for prices on a TPS and an IAC then which were $500 & $580...
Now being parted out
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah they never tell me prices until they are done. Then they're like alright, your total comes to a billion dollars. Credit or debit?

Then I'm like, wait hold up a second. What the hell brought the price so high! And they're like, oh those DOHC valve cover gaskets were $60! And I'm like, oh well forget that I'll reuse them or order them from the dealership up north online for half the price.
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

I was more like, why didn't you just say you don't sell subaru parts in the first place... would've saved us both a bunch of time.
Got them used from England instead - $240 delivered.
Now being parted out
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

Oh wait, if that turns out to be the correct part number I could try to call some of the breakers in UK, they ought to have a bunch of them. I think early imprezas used them as well.
Now being parted out
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

The uk cars are right hand drive and won't have the offset reservoir as far as I know. There isn't the interference problem on the rhd cars.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

Haha, good point :lol:
I'll try some swedish or german breakers instead.
Now being parted out
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

Thanks a bunch for that part number. I just got back from my dealer with the part in hand. He said it was the last one in the US and that there would be no more. Maybe we could talk Subaru into getting a few more. Otherwise it sounds like they will need to come from overseas.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Your dealer actually had the offset one?! damnit!

'11 WRX Limited
'94 TW | R.I.P.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

My dealer didn't actually have the part, but he was able to order it through Subaru and that was when he said it was the last one in the country.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

So essentially we have not gotten any forward movement on this huh? Everyone still keeps getting the OE curved one instead of the offset one...
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

dropdfocus wrote:So essentially we have not gotten any forward movement on this huh? Everyone still keeps getting the OE curved one instead of the offset one...
Correct.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 TW | R.I.P.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Damn... :(
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

My contact over on SLI said he could easily get one for me from the junkyard for $40 shipped and to send him the money. Before I sent him momey I sent him another pm asking if he could get a bunch of them and ship them all at once so we could all get one or at least a few of us. He hasn't responded since :evil:

It's been 10 days. Not sure I'd want to give this guy money now if this is how his communication is going to be.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Who is it? I know most of the guys over there including Shane the forum owner.
Jason
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Username is Reuben. Someone who bought one from him already gave me his username.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Hmmmm... Doesn't ring a bell with me. I'd be leery at this point Kimo.
Jason
91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

Post by 91legacyawdturbo »

kimokalihi wrote:My contact over on SLI said he could easily get one for me from the junkyard for $40 shipped and to send him the money. Before I sent him momey I sent him another pm asking if he could get a bunch of them and ship them all at once so we could all get one or at least a few of us. He hasn't responded since :evil:

It's been 10 days. Not sure I'd want to give this guy money now if this is how his communication is going to be.

Reuben has been really good to me on getting parts, he takes some time to get the parts but hes been great for me.
91 SS, v9 ej207 twin scroll swap, Gda wrx dash swap.
2002 wrx sport wagon
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Well considering it's been forever and he has not responded, doesn't look like I'll be getting one of these resevoirs and nobody has responded to the WTB thread either.

I hate that forum. There's no traffic and if there is it's all about 2nd+ gen legacys not 1st gen. Also, why would you make your forum only viewable to people who are registered and logged in? That's dumb and is probably part of the reason the forum is so dead.

Why would I want to register when I can't even see what the forum is like or how much traffic it gets? I only registered to try to get EDM headlights and buy some other overseas parts.