Sumitomo HTRZ II tires.(225/45/16)

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Sumitomo HTRZ II tires.(225/45/16)

Post by Imprezive »

I got these tires mounted on my 2.5RS rims last thursday. I needed some cheap tires and these were the only cheap ones I could get in a 225/45/16 size. total cost was $256 w/ shipping. I've driven roughly 200 miles since then, and well.... they just aren't that special.

My immediate reaction was wow these are a hell of a lot smoother than the balding Falken's I had, and they look pretty good on primer black 2.5rs rims, kinda like racing tires if you are looking from the side. I do like the fair amount of warning you get before they start losing traction, and break away is pretty smooth, not sudden. The grip is decent, not what I was expecting from a UHP summer tire, but for around $60 each I guess I don't have room to complain. They also make this funny noise, almost like a tire screech but really, really subtle and quiet, when I go around a corner at around 50-60mph depending on how tight the corner is. And last but not least, there isn't any rim lip protector, so the sidewalls are a little soft.

So I guess you could say they are decent for the $$.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3