Will 02 WRX OEM TD04 fits?

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ej22t
Second Gear

Will 02 WRX OEM TD04 fits?

Post by ej22t »

Hi All,
Just search all over the board and still couldn't find any info about this turbo!
Friend of mine who has a 02 WRX TD04 turbo for sell in good price!
I would like to know will this turbo direct fits on our Legacy turbo uppipe and downpipe?
I already has a Ver.2 intercooler, will it fits with this turbo?

Please let me know what should I have to do to make this turbo fits in my 92 turbo legacy in EJ20H twinturbo block!

Thanks!

Ben
92 Legacy turbo with EJ20G engine swap \(^0^)/
Bane
First Gear

Post by Bane »

Ben, it does fit, but you need to hit up a shop like Performance improvements to buy a 90deg silicone elbow, because the td04 doesn't have the metal elbow that our stock turbo does. get the outer diameter measurement of the inlet on the turbo, mine was 2.25" (but it's a different turbo) and the hose cost me $80 Vibrant Performance (there's a post on here where i gave the model #). you'll also need a small pipe to mate the silicone elbow to the air intake track.

FYI, you may need to modify your outlet to intercooler setup, as the td04 has a 90deg outlet (parallel to the engine), unlike the 45deg(?) stock turbo which gives more clearance..

give me a shout tomorrow if you need to meet up to see what i'm talking about.

James

647-283-7797 cell
James L

'07 Magnum SXT - not stock
-
'93 Legacy Turbo SS - 5spd conv, vf34, intercooled, K&N, dual stage mbc 11/16psi, hks 3" turbo-back w/hi-flow cat, kyb's, ADR 18" rims w/225/35/18zr's, 7" touch screen w/race camera
The Scooby
Second Gear

Post by The Scooby »

i just finished putting the stock TD04L wrx turbo onto my 92 SS last weekend, im also running a Ver II STi TMIC, if you need pictures or part numbers for the hoses i used just shoot me a PM.

Shean
1999 Impreza Outback Sport w/ MY02 WRX complete swap

1986 GL wagon
EJ'ed and Lifted