tmic with perrin bov??

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

justin the subie
First Gear

tmic with perrin bov??

Post by justin the subie »

is anyone running one of these?

'92 TW "Hana" ej20tt obd1 <too many to list< sold :-( bought back :-)
'82 BRAT ej22t stroker 2.34L td05 megasquirt smart coils awic walbro255 xt6 f/w 5sp lsd 3" Tanabe t/b
*womans '04 WRX* scoopless/wingless aspen white.. AWIC
Bane
First Gear

Post by Bane »

unfortunately i don't think that will work.

unless the angle of how it's connected to the flange can be changed, i'd say the throttle cable assembly will be in the way.

this is what mine looks like connected to an 03 wrx tmic

as you can see, mine is "just" clearing the throttle cables... and it sticks straight out from the flange. as it was i had to rotate the bov so the outlet was facing the drivers side fender, or it wouldn't have worked.

good luck
James L

'07 Magnum SXT - not stock
-
'93 Legacy Turbo SS - 5spd conv, vf34, intercooled, K&N, dual stage mbc 11/16psi, hks 3" turbo-back w/hi-flow cat, kyb's, ADR 18" rims w/225/35/18zr's, 7" touch screen w/race camera
justin the subie
First Gear

ive got an HKS BOV but it doesnt recirculate... it doesnt look like yours does either...???? or does it?? our cars computer is asking for the recirculation = more power...
'82 BRAT ej22t stroker 2.34L td05 megasquirt smart coils awic walbro255 xt6 f/w 5sp lsd 3" Tanabe t/b
Bane
First Gear

Post by Bane »

no mine does not. i'm in a 4eat anyway, so the whole argument of loss of power while shifting doesn't apply... it only vents when i take my foot off the accelerator, or when i brake.

As for what it does in a 5mt... in my opinion it's not a big deal... if you're going to be running crazy boost, on upgraded injectors and whatnot, you should probably be running some sort of EMS that can cope with the recirc, or buy one at that time.

i think it's either turbosmart or turboxs that has a recirc unit that fits our cars, if that's your goal.

base on the shape of the perrin, it looks designed to do the same or at least 50/50 atmos/recirc (the bottom looks modular). however again, it looks like it attaches in the place you want it the least.

PS, as far as i know the HKS has a recirc module. i swear i've seen it before, but looking at HKS site, i can't find it.

nevermind, here it is from their ssqv pdf.

James L

-
'93 Legacy Turbo SS - 5spd conv, vf34, intercooled, K&N, dual stage mbc 11/16psi, hks 3" turbo-back w/hi-flow cat, kyb's, ADR 18" rims w/225/35/18zr's, 7" touch screen w/race camera
justin the subie
First Gear

Bam!! i thought the recir hks was a complete diff unit.. thanks!! whats the 4eat mean neway? automatic?
Bane
First Gear

Post by Bane »

glad i could help.

yeah, it means auto... oh well, can't have everything perfect right? :)
James L

-
FuJi K
First Gear

Post by FuJi K »

I have Perrin's atmospheric BOV. That one you have there is the one that you can vent to atmosphere and also recirculate. I WAS going to get that one but it wouldn't clear the cable lines and throttle body so I opted for the atmosphere one.
MY99 GF4 5spd DIY Modified
justin the subie
First Gear

recirculated the HKS!! works killer.. car runs better also.. the HKS swivels on the mount so their is no problem with clearence for the throtle cables. NICE :D