Kudos Pacific Import, thanks Garner @Rallitek.(my turbo woe)

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Kudos Pacific Import, thanks Garner @Rallitek.(my turbo woe)

Post by dscoobydoo »

So the car has been spitting up oil like a colicky kid for the last week or so.

It was coming from around the turbo area, so I took it to Steve (Jake's dad) and he said let it get a little worse, and we can find the issue and fix it.
One week later, it is dripping oil enough that it is hitting the header and causing James Bond Quality smoke to come out of the car ( not from the rear mind you)

SO- Diagnosis: PCV line and Oil return line ( both rubber hoses) were so bad that they should not have been re-used WHEN RALLITEK PUT ON MY NEW TURBO.
I get the impression RALLITEK just wanted my car out of their shop, so they put it together quickly, did a quick road tune and told me to come get it.

Hoses do not go from soft to BONE HARD in 2 months.

AND a big thanks to Steve for allowing me to install the JDM fogs while they are waiting for the parts for my car.

SO- Synposis: Rallitek is going down the drain, and as always- PIA rocks!

And thanks to Jake for giving me a Hand
And wish him a happy birthday.( July the 15th)
Last edited by dscoobydoo on Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

+1 for PIA!
All the guys there are friendly, informative, and always willing to help. I utilized their services more than a few times to complete the 22t swap into my n/a wagon. Luckily for me, I don't live too far away, and can pop in whenever I need help. Which is probably not so lucky for them, at this point :-D .
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
RalliTEK Garner
In Neutral

Re: Kudos Pacific Import, a Big BOO to Rallitek.(my turbo wo

Post by RalliTEK Garner »

dscoobydoo wrote:So the car has been spitting up oil like a colicky kid for the last week or so.

It was coming from around the turbo area, so I took it to Steve (Jake's dad) and he said let it get a little worse, and we can find the issue and fix it.
One week later, it is dripping oil enough that it is hitting the header and causing James Bond Quality smoke to come out of the car ( not from the rear mind you)

SO- Diagnosis: PCV line and Oil return line ( both rubber hoses) were so bad that they should not have been re-used WHEN RALLITEK PUT ON MY NEW TURBO.
I get the impression RALLITEK just wanted my car out of their shop, so they put it together quickly, did a quick road tune and told me to come get it.

Hoses do not go from soft to BONE HARD in 2 months.

AND a big thanks to Steve for allowing me to install the JDM fogs while they are waiting for the parts for my car.

SO- Synposis: Rallitek is going down the drain, and as always- PIA rocks!

And thanks to Jake for giving me a Hand
And wish him a happy birthday.( July the 15th)

dscoobydoo,

I have always heard great things about this forum so thought it was time to join up.Thats when I saw this post. I am VERY upset to hear how you felt/were treated in our shop. RalliTEK puts its customers first and always takes pride in our customer service. Obviously you were made to feel a different way. I would like to know the secifics of the situation so that I can correct them with my shop Manager and technicians. Please send me a pm or respond to this thread. I would like to know what I/RalliTEK can do so this wont happen again. I do Thank you for your trust in us to bring your car to the shop in the first place. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Garner Thomas
WWW.RalliTEK.COM
1-888-773-1212
Garner@RalliTEK.COM
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Hey, Garner is on board now!!! :D

I too was very surprised to read this thread...as I have always considered Rallitek to do great work and whatnot...but it is very unfortunate about dscooby's car...hopefully it was one of those one-time mistake type of deals?!?
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

I am always one to give kudos where they belong, but if I have a big issue, then I will also state what my problems were.

I talked to Sean about a year ago about doing the PP6 on the car along with the upgraded injectors and larger turbo. We scheduled a time after Subiefest so I could drop off the car.

Since this car is not a DD, time was never an issue with me.
The install was excellent on the turbo, injectors and PP6, but the turbo oil outlet line was hard as a rock and not replaced. Needless, it failed within a few weeks after getting the car back, dumping huge amounts of oil on the downpipe and left engine side, and causing me to take the car to PIA and have the turbo and downpipe completely removed to fix the problem. This piece was put back on when the turbo was installed by Rallitek, and I can only wonder why it was re-used if it was in as bad of a shape as it was. PIA gave me the piece to see how bad it was. Steve has no reason to lie to me- and he definately does not need to drum up work.

The second issue started with the fact that the turbo had a slight scrape in the intake tract that could not be felt by the human hand, but was enough to cause cavitation at high enough speeds. Anything over 13 PSI caused issues in the dyno plots. So I ordered a new turbo and the car sat for a week or so awaiting this part. You guys put the turbo on, and Sean stated that he could only give it a quick road tune due to some issue with their access to the dyno. Again, this being a non DD car, time was never an issue. So he calls me, says it's done and I come get it. It would barely idle, and it was very rich ( while it was smart to run it rich in precaution, I still wonder why the car was not kept to do a full dyno tune.) So I ended up paying another $250 to have Dom tune it at their shop at Kito Auto sport. Right now, the car runs great. It idles good for a modified car, and the AFR's are just right.

I was expecting that the car would be totally finished when I picked up the car at Rallitek.
All in all, I had to spend another $500 - $250 to PIA, $250 to Dom to finish what was started at Rallitek.

These two things should have been finalized before I came and got the car. A $2.50 hose and a week awaiting a dyno opening would have corrected these issues. Both, I had no issues waiting/paying for.
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
RalliTEK Garner
In Neutral

Thank You for responding back to my post as I do want to correct this situation. I am sorry that we were not able to give the car a proper dyno tune. At this time the dyno shop that we were leasing dyno tuning through was having issues and our access was very limited. That being said the simple hose not being replaced is something that I am very sorry for. I have made sure that my Shop Manager/Technician that worked on your car will never let something of this nature happen again. We will be more than willing to take care of any costs this may have caused you. We at RalliTEK always put customer service top priority. Please pm me your name so you can be properly taken care of. Thanks again for helping us to make sure that everyone that shops/has service at RalliTEK leaves with the best service possible.
Garner Thomas
WWW.RalliTEK.COM
1-888-773-1212
Garner@RalliTEK.COM
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

I appreciate the fact that you got back to me on this Garner.

I posted this months ago when I was a bit upset, but I was not looking for anything in return other than to vent my issues.

I want it to be clear that you guys did a great job on 95% of the work that I gave you.
Sadly, that last 5% was the icing on the cake that made it seem like there was big problem.

As long as you guys take care of the next guy like I know you normally do, that I all I am asking for.

I will amend the thread to show how much I appreciate you getting back to me.

D
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
RalliTEK Garner
In Neutral

Thanks Drew.Please let me/us know if there is ever anything we can do for you.

Take care,
Garner Thomas
WWW.RalliTEK.COM
1-888-773-1212
Garner@RalliTEK.COM