bomb in airflow

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

awssubaruls
First Gear

bomb in airflow

Post by awssubaruls »

hi

dear all

my car wont start for tow days i dont know why?. anyway i try today to rotate my engine do u know what happin its make feed back air to airflow box like bomb. what this men plase

kind regards
legacy europe model LS 92
400.000 Miles
Saskatoon Subaru
Second Gear

Post by Saskatoon Subaru »

what happens when you turn the key, is the engine turning over and just not firing or does it just click?

and i ran you vin# through a decoder to figure what you were driving and your check degit came back invalid just thought i'd tell ya.
2010 Impreza WRX - 265hp

1990 Legacy 267,000km(Rebuild complete 265,423km----March 9/2008)

1991 Legacy Turbo 180,000km
awssubaruls
First Gear

Post by awssubaruls »

Saskatoon Subaru wrote:what happens when you turn the key, is the engine turning over and just not firing or does it just click?

and i ran you vin# through a decoder to figure what you were driving and your check degit came back invalid just thought i'd tell ya.
sir
its just engine turning over without running while that my engine bush air strongly to airflowbox throug the thretlbody i mean inverse opreation.i hope u godt my point
thanks
legacy europe model LS 92
400.000 Miles
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

It sounds like your engine backfired. That typically happens due to improper ignition timing or just an ignition system in poor tune.

When did you last replace the spark plugs and wires?

Does your engine have a distributor?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

His car is just like ours. Like a Legacy L wagon. Just has a EJ20 motor. I am thinking it was the timing belt that broke or skipped because of a bad tensioner or pulley. He has a cam and crank sensor code and alot of others. So could also be a ground issue.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
japanesecowboy14
In Neutral

Post by japanesecowboy14 »

I had this happen on an old justy once.... You mean that there is air BLOWING through your intake instead of sucking it in? Sounds like either your timing belt broke (Really hyper sounding crank) or you have a stuck valve that is holding the intake valve open, maybe? My only guess is that the exaust stroke is pushing air out the intake manifold because the timing is off or one of the aformentioned problems
Subie Newbie
94 Legacy L Wagon N/A FWD (WTF)
No brags @ car, YET
green91
First Gear

Post by green91 »

Ive seen a bad MAF cause a backfire through the intake also.
japanesecowboy14
In Neutral

Post by japanesecowboy14 »

Really? Well I guess if it tells the motor that less air is passing that what really is, maybe.. there would have to be something else though, resulting in reverse airflow
Subie Newbie
94 Legacy L Wagon N/A FWD (WTF)
No brags @ car, YET