Ga meet?!!

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

New92
Third Gear

Ga meet?!!

Post by New92 »

I have been dieing to post this! It seems like there is a sudden influx of Noob's to this forum and what the heck, Im not the only Georgia guy anymore.

So can we have a meet or what? A central place would be nice. Im in Canton and so far the others Ive talked to are in North Ga. It could be at a mall or QT or I do have lots of space at my place for cars and a cookout. I guess Im just trying to gauge an interest.

I also occasionally show up for a WRXAtlanta meet. Anywho, post up if anyone else is interested.

Thanks,
Ben
1992 SS 5MT
She's growing faster in her old age!
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

ah hells yea. i go back to school August 9 up at young harris but hell i would drive back down the mountain to hang out and see what everyone else is doing with their rides
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
jp233
Second Gear

Post by jp233 »

my 93 and 94 are nothing special, the 93 is one of the ugliest cars on the road for sure.

i would have to bring my wife's 06 Leggy GT to look even somewhat cool. and even then... it's bone stock too just like my others.
12 Outback 3.6R Limited
94 Leg LS wag AWD, sold
93 Leg L wag FWD, sold
06 LGT 5EAT, project
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

mine pretty ugly too
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Ha! Ive got you all beat. I had a mexican show up at my front door last Sunday. He said "Hey man, you sell the car is white?". I said, "Estas loco?". He blinked and I said, "Nope not for sale.". He then asked me again which caused me to become suspicious so I said, "No, Im waiting to put an engine in it.". He said ok thanks and left. As he pulled away in his 08 Titan I saw on his rear window in white vinyl "We Pay Cash For Junk Cars"! That was a proud moment for me and my T-Leg!

Anyway, who cares. A get together is just for kicks. I get tired of feeling like the only guy in Ga who loves these cars. Just figured it would be fun to hang out and share the love....for the car that is. :D
1992 SS 5MT
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

thats what i am saying. i am tired of seeing all these post like hey were having a meet and you southerners can't come. funny story though
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Ok, so where do we want to meet up? Jp I thing you said you were kind of close to me. I think Silencer is furthest away (20 min N of MOGA). I wish my car was running better then we could do a grudge night at Commerce and Jp could break in that GT his wife is babying! Alpharetta is sort of a mid point. How about the Varsity near North Point Mall?
1992 SS 5MT
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

is that down near atlanta
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
jp233
Second Gear

Post by jp233 »

my wife may baby it as her commute is short, no freeway.

I drive it like its stolen as much as I can get. Although that ain't very often.

as for loving these cars I might be hard to beat :) . my folks got their first Subaru wagon (an '83 DL) and I spent a good part of my childhood in it. the 93 wagon I have now, was bought new by my parents. my butt has spent about 150k in that car.
12 Outback 3.6R Limited
94 Leg LS wag AWD, sold
93 Leg L wag FWD, sold
06 LGT 5EAT, project
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

SILINC3R wrote:is that down near atlanta
Its off of 400, one exit North of Mansell.
1992 SS 5MT
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

jp233 wrote: as for loving these cars I might be hard to beat :) . my folks got their first Subaru wagon (an '83 DL) and I spent a good part of my childhood in it. the 93 wagon I have now, was bought new by my parents. my butt has spent about 150k in that car.
Yeah, I drove my first one when I got my license. My brother had a new 91 wagon in silver. I never had so much fun. He and his wife were drunk and fighting and me, I was doing my best to make them both car sick! :-D
1992 SS 5MT
the_watts10
First Gear

Post by the_watts10 »

would defiently be interested but my SS blew up two days ago and am looking into buying a NA wagon
ej22t hybrid, 3.5" downpipe, Gl turbo intake/desnorkel 9psi DEAD
dkopp
First Gear

count me in...

Post by dkopp »

good to see some local GA pride.

i'm near toco hills but will go most places. my SS is clean on the outside, but smokes like a senior citizen chained to the vegas slots until i figure out where that mystery coolant leak is coming from.

cheers!
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

so whats the plan? any date we might be able to try and set for the future
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: Ga meet?!!

Post by SILINC3R »

Bringing this back. Finally on the east coast again will be home(GA) in May. Don't know how many of yall are left, but maybe we can get something together this time.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

That sounds like a plan man. Good to hear your back in town. Hey you still have that STI x-brace? LOL
1992 SS 5MT
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Yes I do but now that I have an SS i am going to install it on that car.

So you guys want to try and meet up or something?
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Yup. Sounds good. Im outa commission till I can get the SS over to my buddies shop to drop the fuel cell and flush out a bunch of metal shards out of it. Fried my Walbro.

So when you get the new ride? Where you find it?

Ill pm you my eta on street ready time. Im in Roswell now. So we wont be too far from you now.
1992 SS 5MT
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

I got it about 2 years ago in Seattle from Mike-Tracey and EJ-KILLA did the engine work.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
jp233
Second Gear

Post by jp233 »

I could meet up locally just to chat, but this 93 wagon is quite the jalopy as it is pretty ugly. I sure don't want to take it hard in the N.GA mountains. But she is solid under the hood. However, it will be sold in a week as my sister-in-law is moving in with us for the summer and she needs the car. My 94 is still sitting with no engine in it and I need to fix several other things before I put the engine back in (somehow, my great luck had me in a fender bender about 2 weeks before I pulled the motor) so I may need some front end parts from the junkyard to get the bumper and headlight straightened out.

We could do some quick drag races though, I would put your Scoobies up against my diesel truck :)
12 Outback 3.6R Limited
94 Leg LS wag AWD, sold
93 Leg L wag FWD, sold
06 LGT 5EAT, project
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Run the diesel? That sounds disasterous as youd likely run us over while were tryin to get the hell outa the way!

SILINC3R: Are you gonna keep the SS auto? I want to swap in a STI pedal set whenever I get the cash to do the 6spd tranns and drive swap. It doesn't seem too difficult though it does look to be a real pain without a lift. How is it running. I was looking at that build and it seems a beast. Must have been a real blast compared to the LS.

Im trying to organize a meet in about a month and a half to two months. When I lived in Jasper Id found some really great roads. There is an awesome rout near Ft Mntn that is a blast to run. Nonturbo actually has an advantage there on the down hill. A buddy of mine made the trip one year in his modified Mustang GT. He cooked his brakes on the downhill. It was pretty funny. We pulled off and everyone was wondering what was burning. His rotors were glowing in broad daylight!

We could hit up a car show or something. There is a public car meet in Windward Pkwy every 1st Sunday of the month.
1992 SS 5MT
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

No I plan to either swap in the tranny from the 90 Ls or find a 6sp and swap that in. Auto really kills this cars performance. It runs well have fixed a good amount of things since I bought it. Still a little more to do. want to revamp the cooling system, do want the summer to kill the car. Havent had any problems but down south heat and Seattle heat are complete oposites.

Yea whatever yall want to do well see if it works out. Seems like everyone is kind of OOC at the moment. Ill be in Alabama starting in June though but home is only like 6 hours away so not to worried about it.

there is another member baddriver, maybe he'd come out as well.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Yeah man. Hit him up if you would please. There was another guy on here but he sold his on wrxatlanta. Wrx swapp with full rally gravel kit. I wanted to buy it but my wife wouldnt let me sell a kid. I said to her, "Well thats why we had two right?" Theyre like kidneys.
1992 SS 5MT
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Just bumping this up to see if we are going to try and do this still.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Yeah we def need to set a time and place. If we could plan it out a bit that would help me juggle stuff with the kids and family. Im potentially free most weekends. Guess we should figure a good location thats inbetween for us. Though Im dying to hit grudge night up by you some evening!
1992 SS 5MT