EvoScan - Subaru Select monitor

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

Nice man.

That sounds like just what I was looking for.

I just modified the file so that the SSMI Other contained all the info i needed.
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

That being said, everything I post is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Finally I'm posting my EvoScan data.xml file, which can be found here.

As most know by now, EvoScan does NOT come with any ECU settings that work with our cars. It took the file log1call posted and then modified it. I only improved upon the SSMI 7236XX ECU setting -- all the others still have missing parameters with incorrect/missing conversion functions. I looked through the B10scan source code for documentation of ECU parameters and conversion functions. I also hacked in some additional fields from RevScan, but don't know/unsure of its conversion functions.

Notes about the file and parameters:
  • Unable to data log if cruise control is enabled.
  • Select the ECU model number from the ECU drop down list. I put in the model/year ranges each should work with in the first parameter field for easier selection. Once EvoScan connects with the ECU, it'll show the exact version.
  • CoolantTemp (0x1405) requires an advanced, decreasing conversion factor to get the correct temp (per b10scan), which evoscan can't do; thus useless. I found another coolant temp (0x141B) in RevScan which appears to be the correct temp in Celsius.
  • MAF Airflow (0x141E) - found this in RevScan, but unsure of the correct conversion function
  • Fuel Trim (ShortTerm/LongTerm) - Found in RevScan, unsure of conversion function, but (x-128)/1.28 appears to be correct.
  • Manifold Relative Pressure. Normally logged in Torr, I created another one which automatically converts to PSI.
  • SparkLearnFactor - Found in RevScan, no idea what they mean or conversion functions.
If anyone improves upon this file, please post it and/or list the changes!

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Any updates on this? I just bought the cable and the damn software only to fully read through the thread now (well almost fully).
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Did my data.xml file not work for you?

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Did my data.xml file not work for you?
I just bought the stuff last night so i wont have it to play with for some time,just trying to get familiar before it shows up.I have to read the thread again,i read a lot of stuff last night and this was the last thing i looked at,my eyes were bleeding at that point.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: EvoScan - Subaru Select monitor

Post by kimokalihi »

Evoscan is a pain in the ass. I had it working with their usb cable when I first bought it but then it wouldn't find the ecu anymore for no apparent reason. I've tried every ecu from the drop down menu and nothing works. Revscan doesn't work either but I only got revscan after evoscan failed to work anymore. I'm desperately trying to see what the ecu is reading from my tps so I can fix the tps problem I've been having. I've uninstalled the software countless times and reinstalled and tried different versions and no success.

Is there an actual usb cable driver? I can't find one on google or evoscans website and those guys don't help at all. My pc says there's a driver installed but I don't remember ever downloading one and installing it so it must be a windows 7 driver.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Kimo, as a *guess* try installing the latest FTDI USB drivers for your operating system. Google for them.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I uninstalled it again and then reinstalled it and then used the EXE that they custom made for Rob that allows me to change the baud rate. Baud rate set at 4800 and I tried getting it to connect and it wouldn't. Then I noticed that There's a column of checkboxes for different sensors that you can check or uncheck to choose which variables you want to log. Directly above them is a box next to where it says 95 JDM WRX blah blah blah so for the fun of it I checked that box and then it worked after that. Whether this actually was the problem or not who knows. It disconnected several times while logging and reconnected and sometimes it took a few tries to connect again. But it works and I messed with it for a few mins before I had to leave. It looked like voltage was fine within spec ranging from 4.8 closed to 1.6 open. It did have a couple spots it seemed to jump in RPM but it kind of seemed like the ECU was doing that or affecting it as if it wasn't giving it more fuel to raise rpm consistently with the throttle plate opening. The car was not warmed up which I blame for this. Another day I will do it more thoroughly but I don't understand what the problem is. It was also hard to judge while the car was on because RPM would rise without giving it much throttle so it wasn't linear with the opening of the throttle. I would be at the rev limited at probably 1/5th of full throttle since there was no load.

I have the log files if anyone wants to look at them but they're short and not done very well and evoscan lost connection a few times messing them up.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
log1call
Second Gear

Post by log1call »

You don't need the motor running to check the TPI.. just the key on.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

It wouldn't connect with the key off the time I tried that but ill try again.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Ok it connected fine with the key in the on position. I got a couple logs of closed to wide open throttle. Watching the voltage change it seems fine. 4.86-1.7 I believe. However the pedal isn't the smoothest method of opening it. Ill do it again by hand under the hood. I plugged the green connectors together under the dash and the check engine light goes off every time I give it gas. Then it comes back on when I left off for a couple seconds.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Also, evoscan has a trouble code retrieval feature but it doesn't work well. Probably better suited for obd2. It displays active and stored codes but not in real time. Its just a screenshot. It was showing I had tons of codes. Anywhere from 5-10 codes and it changed every time I clicked it. Not only that but tyere were several that weren't even obd1 codes and some were things like traction control. So needless to say that feature is useless.
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

kimokalihi wrote:.......... the check engine light goes off every time I give it gas. Then it comes back on when I left off for a couple seconds.
The idle switch?
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Where's that located? You think the harness could be shorting with the Idle Switch and TPS?
turbo970
Third Gear

Post by turbo970 »

i have the same issue lol plus a semi high idle
log1call
Second Gear

Post by log1call »

Ok, if the throttle voltage changes smoothly, that is good enough. The ecu can compensate for a little variation in voltages and resistance.. The exact voltage figure is not critical.

What you want to check regarding high idle is what the duty cycle of the ISC valve is. At idle it should be about 45 %.. too high or low means someone has fiddled with that screw with one of the idle speed control screws... which you are not meant to do.. or.. there is an air leak. Cure the leak, or, adjust the screws if and only if you are sure the valve is clean and responding immediately to changes in signal/dutycycle. When it's all working nicely, and adjusted right, the duty cycle should be 45%.

The SSM trouble codes can be read by evoscan, if you know their exact rom addresses. I have them for my 703315... you need to parse the individual bits... have a look at this data file and you might be able to adapt the parse commands to your addresses.

<ecu name="SSMI 703315" EcuId="">
<Mode1 name="Mode1" type="Diagnostic Trouble Codes">
<DTC_TEMP Code="16" DiagnosticItem="Battery voltage abnormal" />
<DTC Code="41" Bit="1" DiagnosticItem="A/F Control" />
<DTC Code="42" Bit="2" DiagnosticItem="Idle Switch" />
<DTC Code="43" Bit="4" DiagnosticItem="Throttle Switch" />
<DTC Code="44" Bit="8" DiagnosticItem="Wastegate Duty Sol" />
<DTC Code="45" Bit="16" DiagnosticItem="Atmos Presure/Pressure Sol" />
<DTC Code="49" Bit="32" DiagnosticItem="CO Resistor" />
<DTC Code="51" Bit="64" DiagnosticItem="Neutral Switch" />
<DTC Code="52" Bit="128" DiagnosticItem="Parking Switch" />
<DTC Code="21" Bit="1" DiagnosticItem="Temperature Sensor" />
<DTC Code="22" Bit="2" DiagnosticItem="Knock Sensor" />
<DTC Code="23" Bit="4" DiagnosticItem="MAF Sensor" />
<DTC Code="24" Bit="8" DiagnosticItem="Idle Solenoid" />
<DTC Code="31" Bit="16" DiagnosticItem="Throttle Sensor" />
<DTC Code="32" Bit="32" DiagnosticItem="O2 Sensor" />
<DTC Code="33" Bit="64" DiagnosticItem="Speed Sensor " />
<DTC Code="35" Bit="128" DiagnosticItem="Purge Solenoid" />
<DTC Code="11" Bit="1" DiagnosticItem="Crank Sensor" />
<DTC Code="12" Bit="2" DiagnosticItem="Starter Motor" />
<DTC Code="13" Bit="4" DiagnosticItem="Cam Sensor" />
<DTC Code="14" Bit="8" DiagnosticItem="Injector 1" />
<DTC Code="15" Bit="16" DiagnosticItem="Injector 2" />
<DTC Code="16" Bit="32" DiagnosticItem="Injector 3" />
<DTC Code="17" Bit="64" DiagnosticItem="Injector 4" />
<DTC Code="00" Bit="128" DiagnosticItem="n/a " />
<DTCControl Code="4041" DiagnosticItem="Current Faults, low byte" Notes="0x38 or 0x4C" />
<DTCControl Code="4043" DiagnosticItem="Current Faults, high byte" Notes="0x39 or 0x4D" />
<DTCControl Code="4439" DiagnosticItem="Stored Faults, low byte" Notes="0x3B or 0x4A" />
<DTCControl Code="443B" DiagnosticItem="Stored Faults, high byte" Notes="0x3C or 0x4B" />
<DTCControl_TEMP Code="CA" DiagnosticItem="Clear Fault Codes" Notes="returns 0x00" />
</Mode1>
<Mode1 name="Mode1" type="Diagnostic Trouble Codes">
<DTC_TEMP Code="16" DiagnosticItem="Battery voltage abnormal" />
<DTCControl_TEMP Code="CA" DiagnosticItem="Clear Fault Codes" Notes="returns 0x00" />
</Mode1>
<Mode2 name="Mode2" type="Data List Items">
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Battery Voltage" LogReference="BatteryVoltage" RequestID="4780" Eval="x*0.08" Unit="V" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Vehicle Speed" LogReference="VehicleSpeed" RequestID="4781" Eval="x*2" Unit="km/h" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Engine Speed" LogReference="RPM" RequestID="43BC" Eval="x*25" Unit="RPM" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="8000" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="8000" ScalingFactor="0.1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Coolant Temperature" LogReference="CoolantTemp" RequestID="4782" Eval="x-50" Unit="degC" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="215" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="215" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Ignition Advance" LogReference="IgnitionAdvance" RequestID="43C8" Eval="x" Unit="Deg BTDC" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Mass Air Flow Sensor" LogReference="AirflowSensor" RequestID="43AD" Eval="x*5/256" Unit="Hz" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Engine Load" LogReference="EngineLoad" RequestID="43AA" Eval="x" Unit="units" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Throttle Position Sensor" LogReference="TPS" RequestID="4784" Eval="x*5/256" Unit="V" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Injector Pulse Width" LogReference="InjectorPulseWidth" RequestID="43AB" Eval="x*256/1000" Unit="ms" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="ISC Valve Duty Ratio" LogReference="ISUDutyValve" RequestID="43E3" Eval="x*100/256" Unit="% DC" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="O2 Average" LogReference="O2 Average" RequestID="43CF" Eval="x*5000/512" Unit="Mv" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Air/Fuel Correction" LogReference="AirFuelCorrection" RequestID="43CE" Eval="x-128" Unit="%" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Knock Correction" LogReference="KnockCorrection" RequestID="440D" Eval="x-128" Unit="deg" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Atmospheric Pressure" LogReference="AtmosphericPressure" RequestID="4787" Eval="x*8" Unit="mmHg" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Manifold Relative Pressure" LogReference="ManifoldRelativePressure" RequestID="20" Eval="(x-128)/85" Unit="Bar" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Boost Solenoid Duty Cycle" LogReference="BoostSolenoidDutyCycle" RequestID="22" Eval="x*100/256" Unit="% DC" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Exhaust Gas Temperature" LogReference="EGT" RequestID="26" Eval="x" Unit="units" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="External Wideband A/F Ratio" LogReference="WideBandAF" RequestID="WDB" Eval="x" Unit="a/f ratio" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="60" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="60" ScalingFactor="10" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="O2 MIN" LogReference="O2 MIN" RequestID="00D0" Eval="x*5000/256" Unit="unit" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="O2 MAX" LogReference="O2 MAX" RequestID="43D1" Eval="x*5000/256" Unit="unit" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="A/F 41" LogReference="A/F 41" RequestID="4041" Eval="x bit 1" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Idle Switch 42" LogReference="Idle switch 42" RequestID="4041" Eval="x bit 2" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Throttle switch 43" LogReference="Throttle switch 43" RequestID="4041" Eval="x bit 4" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Wastegate solenoid 44" LogReference="Wastegate solenoid 44" RequestID="4041" Eval="x bit 8" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Atmos pressure/pressure sol 45" LogReference="Atmos pressure/pressure sol 45" RequestID="4041" Eval="x bit 16" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Co resistor 49" LogReference="CO resistor 49" RequestID="4041" Eval="x bit 32" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Neutral Switch 51" LogReference="Neutral switch 51" RequestID="4041" Eval="x bit 64" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Park switch 52" LogReference="Park switch 52" RequestID="4042" Eval="x bit 128" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Temperature sensor 21" LogReference="Temperature sensor 21" RequestID="4042" Eval="x bit 1" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Knock sensor 22" LogReference="Knock sensor 22" RequestID="4042" Eval="x bit 2" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="MAF sensor 23" LogReference="MAF sensor 23" RequestID="4042" Eval="x bit 4" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Idle solenoid 24" LogReference="Idle solenoid 24" RequestID="4042" Eval="x bit 8" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Throttle sensor 31" LogReference="Throttle sensor 31" RequestID="4042" Eval="x bit 16" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="O2 sensor 32" LogReference="O2 sensor 32" RequestID="4042" Eval="x bit 32" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Speed sensor 33" LogReference="Speed sensor 33" RequestID="4042" Eval="x bit 64" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Purge solenoid 35" LogReference="Purge solenoid 35" RequestID="4043" Eval="x bit 128" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Crank sensor 11" LogReference="Crank sensor 11" RequestID="4043" Eval="x bit 1" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Starter motor 12" LogReference="Starter motor 12" RequestID="4043" Eval="x bit 2" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Cam sensor 13" LogReference="Cam sensor 13" RequestID="4043" Eval="x bit 4" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Injector 1 14" LogReference="Inj 1 14" RequestID="4043" Eval="x bit 8" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Injector 2 15" LogReference="Inj2 15" RequestID="4043" Eval="x bit 16" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Injector 3 16" LogReference="Inj 3 16" RequestID="4043" Eval="x bit 32" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Inj 4 17" LogReference="Inj 4 17" RequestID="4043" Eval="x bit 64" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="A/F" LogReference="A/F" RequestID="4439" Eval="x bit 1" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Idle switch" LogReference="idle switch" RequestID="4439" Eval="x bit 2" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Throttle switch" LogReference="Throttle switch" RequestID="4439" Eval="x bit 4" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Wastegate solenoid" LogReference="Wastegate solenoid" RequestID="4439" Eval="x bit 8" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Atmo pressure/pressure sensor" LogReference="Atmo pressure sensor" RequestID="4439" Eval="x bit 16" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="CO resistor" LogReference="CO resistor" RequestID="4439" Eval="x bit 32" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Neutral switch" LogReference="Neutral switch" RequestID="4439" Eval="x bit 64" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Parking switch" LogReference="Park switch" RequestID="443A" Eval="x bit 128" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Temperature sensor" LogReference="Temp sensor" RequestID="443A" Eval="x bit 1" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Knock Sensor" LogReference="Knock sensor" RequestID="443A" Eval="x bit 2" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="MAF sensor" LogReference="MAF sensor" RequestID="443A" Eval="x bit 4" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Idle solenoid" LogReference="Idle solenoid" RequestID="443A" Eval="x bit 8" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Throttle sensor" LogReference="Throttle sensor" RequestID="443A" Eval="x bit 16" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="O2 sensor" LogReference="O2 sensor" RequestID="443A" Eval="x bit 32" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="speed sensor" LogReference="Speed sensor" RequestID="443A" Eval="x bit 64" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Purge solenoid" LogReference="Purge solenoid" RequestID="443B" Eval="x bit 128" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Crank sensor" LogReference="Crank sensor" RequestID="443B" Eval="x bit 1" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Starter motor" LogReference="Starter motor" RequestID="443B" Eval="x bit 2" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Cam sensor" LogReference="Cam sensor" RequestID="443B" Eval="x bit 4" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Injector 1" LogReference="Inj 1" RequestID="443B" Eval="x bit 8" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Injector 2" LogReference="Inj 2" RequestID="443B" Eval="x bit 16" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Injector 3" LogReference="Inj 3" RequestID="443B" Eval="x bit 32" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Injector 4" LogReference="Inj 4" RequestID="443B" Eval="x bit 64" Unit="ON/Off" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
</Mode2>
<Mode6 name="Mode6" type="Actuator Tests">
<ActuatorTest Display="?0xF1" LogReference="0xF1" Code="F1" ActivatingContent="" Notes="" />
</Mode6>
</ecu>
log1call
Second Gear

Post by log1call »

That's for version 2.6 if you paste that into your data file, then run the program and choose 703315, you will see the trouble codes listed, and they get a yes or no regarding being set. If you want to run it in a later program you need to re-write it a bit..

Oh... I see that on the bottom of your data file, that there is a file called probe...haha, that is a mistake. I wrote that original data file for here and other places years ago and when I posted it off to the net, I forgot to delete the last file which I'd been using to set up temporary address probes.. doing research ... and now it is the legendary subaru probe.. the model that nobody has ever heard of...
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I think my ecu is a different one than that. I remember it being something with 7424 in it. Its the 95 jdm wrx ecu. I use the bottom one in the drop down menu I think. Version of the software is 2.86 I think. Ill upload a screenshot when I get time and maybe a log.

How do I edit the program like you mentioned above?
log1call
Second Gear

Post by log1call »

I'm not sure about the script for 2.8, but I have 2.7 and the text has to be changed a little, from that 2.6 text, then the addresses etc put in... I've got a paid version so I should go update I guess. Since I've got the data file all modified for 2.6 I stick with it.. it seems stable and handles an old cable I made years ago too, so it suits me.

If you compare my extracted bit of data file, which covers one of my cars, and has the trouble codes being logged as well, with some other vehicle data file, you'll see the differences between addresses, and how I've modified one of Hamish's mitsubishi bit parser code, to read and parse my trouble code addresses.
log1call
Second Gear

Post by log1call »

To actually edit.. safely... you go into the program folder, find the data file, right click and choose, "rename', and change it to "dataoriginal". Then, right click that "dataoriginal" and choose "openwith"... and choose "notepad". It will open as a text document. Copy and paste any new ecu definition into the text carefully, then when you have done your edit, save it as... wait for it... "data"..

Then, if you have stuffed up editing, and screw it entirely trying to fix what you've done wrong, you can always throw that copy out and revert back to the original copy..which you would have to rename back to plain old "data"..
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I see thanks. Hopeully I can figure it out.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

kimokalihi wrote:Where's that located? You think the harness could be shorting with the Idle Switch and TPS?
The idle switch is part of the TPS. You can see it in this pic.

This is how you adjust it.

Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Ok thank you josh and jess. I didn't know that. I will check that. Being a brand new oem sensor it should be good but that doesn't mean the screw is adjusted properly.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I would not suggest messing with the stopper screw. Look at it and see if the paint mark is still there and good. If it is, I wouldn't jack with it. Check the TPS idle switch and adjust the TPS per the instructions in the scan above.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I just did a some searching on NASIOC and it seems as though the EJ20G TPS voltages are backwards from that of the USDM 90-91 legacy and I found a part number from marnix of 22633AA161. The part number I ordered from the parts catalog was 22633AA060. The EJ20G part number can't be found in the parts catalog on subarugenuineparts.com...If what I read is true, closed throttle is around 0.5-0.7v and WOT is 4.5-4.8v. The exact opposite of the USDM legacy FSM! I Pm'd Marnix for confirmation. We'll see what he says. He's from the netherlands. God I hope this is my problem. Also, I believe the issue can be resolved by switching the ground and 5v wire at the TPS connector.

Can anybody confirm this or shed anymore light on it? Seems as though maybe even the first gen impreza has this same backwards TPS. I don't know that for sure but I read some threads of people saying impreza has this backwards voltage and so does 2.5RS.

I sure would be a happy subaru driver once again if this could be fixed. Imagine that confusion this could be causing my poor ECU if this is the case.