2009 Olympus Rally Vid and pics

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

SubiePrice88
Third Gear

2009 Olympus Rally Vid and pics

Post by SubiePrice88 »

A friend and I headed to the Rally from Spokane to Aberdeen and stayed in his Impreza OBS for the weekend (poor college guys) it was worth it.

Here are some pics and a video from the rally.
We were Road Marshals and I met John hes on here to but I forgot his username. Drives a sweet outback.

A video my friend made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ6DFoVHrWU

-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Nice video. You guys had an interestinig viewpoint at one of those chicanes on the 9400 Road on Saturday. I did timing at flying finish east, then start at Brooklyn west on Sunday. That tavern was an interesting place wasn't it? From all the cars that came out the east end and the traffic jam I heard about on the west end, there must have been a lot of spectators on Brooklyn. I almost crashed my Outback heading to flying finish that Sunday morning. Came around a left curve too fast, and exiting, guess I lifted up on the throttle and started to slide into the bank on the left, corrected and them started to slide towards the clearcut downslope on the right. Thought for sure I was going off the road down into the stumps, but saved it and continued down the road fishtailing for a while before getting it straight. I was thinking, "great, I'm going to wreck my car, how will I get home?" I looked for you guys at the banquet in South Bend, but it was a long ways south , and figured you had headed back to Spokane. The Stage Captain will probably contact you to work for him next year, so will see you then. If the West Coast Subaru Show happens again this year you should attend.
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Yeah the chicane we were at on 9400 was really interesting. It was a straight away with the barricades right in the middle, theyd fly down the road slam on the brakes, slide around the chicane and take off again. There were 3 that slid right into the middle barricade and did a 23 point turn to get out if it, OUCH!

That tavern was the coolest Ive seen. I wish I would have gotten more pics of the old 2 man chain saws and such.

Good thing you didnt slide off the road, Brooklyn has some crazy "cliffs" filled with stumps, looks like it would eat a Subie up.

Yeah we were going to try and make the banquet but we didnt get off Brooklyn in time. So we just headed back to Spokane. Once the last sweep went by every spectator left at the same time and it was a mess. We sat in a line for a good 30 mintues and once the line started moving again we were almost rear ended twice and almosted pushed off the road.

Remember the guy with the Big yellow Toyota FJ cruise? He was on the first spectator spot on brooklyn the 2.4 Mile one. He got an amazing video of Mira being passed after he wrecked his car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6_40TKE ... annel_page

Whats the West Coast Subaru Show?
-Jordan

kleinkid
Fourth Gear

WCSS11

Post by kleinkid »

Here is the website for the WCSS.

http://www.westcoastsubarushow.com/

No location or date yet.
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

WOW! that looks so sweet! Id be willing to go if its not to far away.

Where was it last year?
-Jordan

94LegWagon
First Gear

Post by 94LegWagon »

Looks hella cool!!! :-D
94 Legacy Wagon N/A 5mt AWD