8 CELs at one time, FML. Possibly bad MAF?

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

impreza_GC8
First Gear

8 CELs at one time, FML. Possibly bad MAF?

Post by impreza_GC8 »

Getting an intermittent CEL, finally got it to stay on long enough to pull codes. Got a ton of them.

15, injector 2

16, injector 3

17, injector 4

23, AF sensor

24, Air Control Valve

32, O2

45, Atmospheric Pressure Sensor

49, AF sensor

Just threw a new BOV on the car this weekend, it was running fantastic. Pretty sure its unrelated to this though.

During the install I noticed that a couple of the wires going to my MAF had been worn through a little bit, showing bare wire but not touching anything. Not sure if thats enough to cause all this.

I'm thinking bad MAF or bad fuel pressure reg.

Thoughts?
-'97 Outback - EJ25 block/pistons/HLA heads, EJ22T crank/rods/ECU, EJ20G intake manifold/fuel rails/440cc injectors, VF8 @ 11psi. . . . Fuel cut > me
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 8 CELs at one time, FML. Possibly bad MAF?

Post by Legacy777 »

I'd take care of those bare wires. If you see anything like that, fix it.

Regarding the codes, not all of those things are bad. Reset the codes and see what comes back. You may also want to perform a d-check to see if any codes are active and show up.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

D-check? Diagnostic check? I'll try to clear the codes and see what happens. The issue with the MAF wiring is the stripped wires are right where they go into the plug, no room to scrape off any insulation and either solder or wrap them with tape. I'm afraid I'll pull the wire apart completely.
-'97 Outback - EJ25 block/pistons/HLA heads, EJ22T crank/rods/ECU, EJ20G intake manifold/fuel rails/440cc injectors, VF8 @ 11psi. . . . Fuel cut > me
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

Well fixed the exposed wire (soldered it) and found that the IACV plug was midway disconnected somehow (on its own). Got a random CEL aboe 60 mph today (reminds me of when I had a bad 02) but it went away when I came to a stop and didn't return. Not sure what that was about. Issue seems to be resolved, didn't know a partially connected IACV plug could throw all those codes though.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Well, check the ECU for any stored codes when/if you get another CEL and report back what you find.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm