Code 45, Ej20g

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Turboturd
In Neutral

Code 45, Ej20g

Post by Turboturd »

So I just got to starting, or trying to start my ej20g and I get code 45 flashing out of the ecu. I searched and found that this is an ecu problem? Am I going to have to try and find another ecu? I can get the engine to run a second with starter fluid, would this code 45 be my problem?
BC5RSRA
In Neutral

Code 45, Ej20g

Post by BC5RSRA »

No, code 45 is for the pressure solenoid or pressure exchange solenoid, check that you have all your hoses connected properly, ten check all you wiring and that there is power and ground, the best is to check for voltage drop. If all of that is fine get a new solenoid...doubt that's the cause of a no start...do you have spark and fuel? If it's sputtering with starter fluid (which I'd recommend against using) then personally I'd say you aren't getting fuel... Check relays and fuses...
mike-tracy

Re: Code 45, Ej20g

Post by mike-tracy »

What ECU are you using, an EJ22T or EJ20G?
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Turboturd
In Neutral

Post by Turboturd »

I try to refrain from starter fluid, but it helped me determine that as far as I could tell I'm not getting fuel. I used it that one time cause I know it's terrible for engines. I'm using an Ej20g ecu that i got from a user on nasioc, and from what I could find online was from a 91ish rs. I've checked all the ecu grounds, the injectors are getting 12v, I've checked the engine ground. I've pulled a coil and plug and it was sparking. I don't have a noid or test light currently, but I plan on getting one this week, to test the injectors. But Im sorta stumped now.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I'd start with checking for fuel pressure. The pump may be bad, or the ECU may not be turning the fuel pump on....which could be caused by several reasons: wiring, solenoid, etc.

You'll have to do a little more testing to try and narrow down the problem.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Turboturd
In Neutral

Post by Turboturd »

Ending up doing a decent amount of testing, test light on the coil sends, rechecking the wrx coil and wiring in that, and rechecking the fuel pump and all its wiring.

Ended up being that 3 of the injectors were froze, I took them all out and cleaned them. It still runs rough, but runs.

Thanks a lot for all your guys help.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Glad you figured it out.

It'd probably be a good idea to replace those injectors.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm