Dspin Fabrication is dissolving, the BBS will be supported

Parts and services from sanctioned vendors and businesses.

Moderator: Moderators

Northwind Composites
First Gear

Dspin Fabrication is dissolving, the BBS will be supported

Post by Northwind Composites »

I have some official news regarding Dspin Fabrication and the parent Axis Composites.

About three weeks ago my partners and I decided that the partnership wasn't working out and that it would be best if we seperated. Partnerships are difficult and partnerships with good friends are that much more difficult. I am not going to get into details as they are not relevant - everything is occuring on good terms and I still consider my former partners friends.

Due to the circumstances, I am the one who is leaving Axis and is why my facility capabilities are limited. This is why I posted a couple weeks ago that I would not be able to provide clear coat or gel coat on the sunroofs.

However, this does NOT mean the BBS or even the greater Subaru community will still not be supported by me. I own all the Legacy tooling and am coming away with a significant amount of equipment and materials. Production on current projects will continue and new things will also continue to come up - the hood may be available sooner rather than later too.

I wanted to make the announcement as things are official now. I also wanted to make the announcement so that when people start placing orders with me, they understand why they are paying an individual and not a company.

The next couple months will be very much a transition for me personally as I work out career paths and a couple contract engineering programs I am working. This really only means that you may need to be a little flexible and understanding that I can't make parts 5 days a week like I was.

The phone number I have been using for business - 208-290-5585 will remain mine and will remain my business phone. My axis email address will disappear in the coming weeks but I can still be reached via PM on this account or my personal account - Skid542.

Again though, I want to stress that the BBS will be well taken care of. You guys are like family and I want to continue doing my best to give back to the BBS by offering products that we don't have available to us otherwise.

Please feel free to speak up if there are any questions, comments, or concerns I can address.

Thank you,

Lee
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Re: Dspin Fabrication is dissolving, the BBS will be support

Post by originalcyn »

Cheers and good luck!
07Evolved
Second Gear

Post by 07Evolved »

best of luck and thank you!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Hope it is all for the best. There's certainly something to be said for being on your own.
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

It sounded promising, sorry to see it end so soon. Good luck!
subaru_styles
Third Gear

Post by subaru_styles »

good luck! and you can still count me in for a hood!
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

hoods for the win for sure
scootledoo
First Gear

Post by scootledoo »

best of luck to ya lee, hope all works out well. im in for a hood. and interested in a sunroof. i dont live too far away and a road trip to pick up the hood wouldnt be a problem.