And then life happens

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Redlined
Fourth Gear

And then life happens

Post by Redlined »

things have been one a rollercoastrer for me for the past... 5 years or so. My father passed on. At the funeral I was made aware that I was the oldest remaining male of my particular family line, making me the patriarch, a position that I admit i have fallen through on. Wages in my industry have been dropping while cost of living continues to rise. I was involved in an industrial accident, shattering my right wrist and cracking my pelvis at the hip socket. During recovery I suffered a Pulmonary Embolism (Blood clot in the blood stream gets powdered by the heart and the particles clog up the lungs) and lost about 1/4 of my right lung, a couple years ago I got on a large project building barges. Working 70 hour weeks I finally manage to pay off my remaining student loan and claim financial solvency. 6 weeks ago I had a stroke, an Acute Cerebellum Stroke to be precise. I have lost a bit of mental agility, as well as fine control over my left side. My Insurance wont cover it and Labor an industries wont cover it as I cant connect my stroke to the work I was performing leaving me with 80k or so worth of medical bills (At only 6 month after claiming financial independence, a fact that has my inner conspiracy theorist cackling with "I told you so"s). No longer capable of performing my work I resigned from my union. giving up my career of 17 years and finding my self with the marketability of a high school graduate.

and then life happens. Yesterday I get a call from my son.

meet Zackery David Turner, the latest member of my linage.

So this morning I drive to the hospital. hold my Grandson for an hour or so under the watchfull eye of his mother. Then I drive home, with new determination I roll up the sleaves. Its time to get to work.
Dave

Re: And then life happens

Post by turbo-baron »

Sorry to hear about your troubles and congrats on the new addition to your family. Life is full of twists and turns just keep your head up and keep on trucking you never know what tomorrow may bring..
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Thank you! and yes, that was kinda the point of my post, with all the troubles ive had recently life threw me a curve and got me motivated again!
Dave
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I think the quick action heroism of selflessness under fire in extreme situations is surpassed by the simple heroism of getting back on your feet for the sake of others after continuous heavy knockdowns throughout life.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah.....life can definitely give you lemons at times, but there are certainly things and people out there that can motivate you to turn them into lemonade.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Zackery will need his Grandpa throughout his life, and you will be there for him. You have really had some poop to get through. Keep it going. Its not the journey, it's the destination that is most worthwhile.