91 SS to RSRA Spec bare shell complete restoration/build

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 91 SS to RSRA Spec bare shell complete restoration/build

Post by Legacy777 »

Those tubular subframes are very purdy!!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Ha, I saw those pictures on Ray's FB page the other day and was wondering what car it was.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Jamal, would you share the page? Id like to check it out.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

Well those photos are the same ones as you see here, I took them and tagged Ray, I'm not sure he'd wan't his own personal facebook page posted on line. If there are any questions or if you wan't to see more photos I can certainly show you or have Ray or myself answer them for you, but at this time he does not have website for these sub frames
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Ok thats fine, totally understand.

93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Yeah you won't see anything new, I just happen to be facebook friends with the guy who makes these. I was actually a little surprised he even had a facebook page.

Here is a picture of the control arms he made for a friend of mine if that helps:

Last edited by jamal on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

If he is willing to pass his page on, I would appreciate it. If not, I wont be offended.

93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

The second part of this project is nearly finished. I have slowly been going through all the original parts and rebuilding them. I hope that someone will be interested in buying them to rebuild another Legacy back to it's former glory. Here is what I had in mind, I have to paint the diff housing which has rusted a lot just sitting around and go through the steering rack and fit bushings to lateral links and trailing arms and then this project is finished !
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Just beautiful work
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

I had to get the Legacy off of the Rotissorie today because I sold it. I will use the money towards the WRC stands which I just purchased. I decided to fit the bumpers to the car just to take a look at it also it keeps them under cover and safe. The front bumper cover is the USDM one and will not be the one I will fit to the car, It will have the JDM cover!
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

Here's something I had not posted, It was going to be a surprise but I have found someone that has original style prodrive wheels, he has cast new wheels, actually he built the original wheels as a worker for the original manufacturer.
I can have them machined as required
Front seats I intend to find and purchase and fit to car
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

There are a few things that I consider very important to this project, The Front and rear Sub Frames which are hand made and done by a true craftsman and fabricator, his welding is a work of art.
The Engine is also very important to me, and having the original hand ported cyl heads on an engine that was shipped direct from STI, well that is fantastic and a great part of this project also.
The wind up manual windows are also another great find and part of this project, having those and the correct engine to make it like the genuine Legacy RA is priceless. There are a couple of other items that I thought was significant when it comes to the RA Legacy, and Gerald at Strongs was able to find me a genuine rear garnish and the genuine Type RA decal attached as shown in this photo. It may have cost me a lot of money however it was well worth it.
Then one of the members on here helped my significantly by finding this new badge for my intercooler as found on the RA Legacy, so a very special thanks to him. It is a very special find as they are no longer available, I have purchased the last turbo hood here in the USA as well as many other items that were the Last available and it makes it really awesome to know that many of the new parts used to build this car can't be found now.
Here is a picture of the badge
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

There is another part of the project that is amazing and that was the work done to remove the Sunroof and fit the filler panel. This was also done by a true craftsman
Bruce at Specialtymetalfabrication.com did this part of the project. The Possum Bourne roof vents are also another special part of the project specially having the opportunity to work with him on Several occasions thanks to Trevor Crowe running the Legacy. Here are some photos of the roof
Possum Bourne Motorsports vents
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

A Diversion from the thread here but I wanted to mention this, as some of you know the Legacy project slowed down this year as I was Traveling a lot to work in the ALMS on a P1 car. After the season end we won eight out of ten races and one Fourth place and A DNF in the season final at Petit Lemans in Atlanta Georgia. We won the Drivers and manufacturers Championship and I finally attended the Championship Banquet as part of the Series champion crew.
I was lucky to have my Wife and boys there with me for the last race having spent so much time away traveling to races this year. It was also a special occasion to have my wife there with me on the grid holding the flag before the race.

Our race car was also parked outside the Banquet hall on the big night so it was a special event.
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

Here is a kit for the intake manifold that I also plan to get, it's basically a thermal spacer that replaces the factory gasket and helps prevent heat soak into the Manifold!
MConte05
Second Gear

Post by MConte05 »

Man, your roof panel delete looks way better than it did on my rally car! I literally caulked it into place with roofing caulk. Turned out to be brown instead of black. Whoops. Just then plastidipped the roof to cover it up. :lol:

As always, fantastic thread to read through, always happy to see new posts!
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

So shiny
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Wow nick ! even the wheels you got now sweet baby Jesus !.... I take it we are going to see some amazing rally spindles also coming ???

What are your plans for ecu ? Life racing is the newest and best one out there controls everything in one unit complete... The dash is out of this world, my friend Franz@dieboldautosprt just set up a handle full of cars on them. I'll dig up a video you got to see how nice this stuff is if your going stand alone stuff.
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Video click pic

1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

NICO wrote:Wow nick ! even the wheels you got now sweet baby Jesus !.... I take it we are going to see some amazing rally spindles also coming ???

What are your plans for ecu ? Life racing is the newest and best one out there controls everything in one unit complete... The dash is out of this world, my friend Franz@dieboldautosprt just set up a handle full of cars on them. I'll dig up a video you got to see how nice this stuff is if your going stand alone stuff.
I will be using Mitch Pederson at MP Tuning, he has done work for us before and he will be Tuning the car and also involved with modifiying the wiring loom I believe it is AEM that he will use, he was the one involved in its development. I need to confirm this yet, however I already agreed to go with his ecu.
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

NICO wrote:Video click pic

Nico, this looks good, I don't think I would use this in my current project but I will keep it in mind. I think it is a perfect fit for your project for sure, The engine sounds good!
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

BC622B05STI wrote:I will be using Mitch Pederson at MP Tuning, he has done work for us before and he will be Tuning the car and also involved with modifiying the wiring loom I believe it is AEM that he will use, he was the one involved in its development. I need to confirm this yet, however I already agreed to go with his ecu.
Do you happen to know which model? Their new ecu is called the infinity, and then they do model specific ones so he could be using something an older wrx or an EMS-4. Either way they all work pretty well and he tends to know what he's doing.

Used to hang out with Mitch pretty often. Iif you want any embarrassing pictures let me know.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Congratulations on winning the driver's and manufacturer's championship!!

Nico, that is a pretty cool dash setup! I wonder if it would work with my Link.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

The stands arrived from England today so I went and put the car on them after work
I have to say these things are a work of art !
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

I have done very little with the Legacy in my time off from traveling but I did get to fit the
walbro 255 LPH in tank fuel pump, I did not follow the instructions as I did not like the way they wanted to mount the pump, I modified the base mount which was rubber and I was able to fit it just as the factory had with the original.
This pump will easily support the 350 hp that I hope to make from this engine
this is the original pump next to the new pump to be fitted
The instructions called to wrap the body of the pump in supplied foam and tywrap to the mount
I modified rubber base mount to fit as the factory pump was
the finished pump install just as the original pump was mounted
Last edited by BC622B05STI on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.