Mister Anderson's 93 TW track car project

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

Mister Anderson
First Gear

Re: Mister Anderson's 91 Legacy SS (UPDATE STI-RA 5 speed)

Post by Mister Anderson »

SILINC3R wrote:Loved the video with the cams

Those Kelford 272 cams sure make a difference in the upper RPM range. I still have the VF11 on, and it does not like my engine. I'm going from 6PSI down to 2.5-3 PSI by the time I hit the stock redline. This summer I'll put the other turbo on, and get it tuned.
Last edited by Mister Anderson on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
91 black SS 5 speed (Canadian).... Closed deck EJ20G, fully built, V5/6 sti ra drivetrain, haltech stand-alone
93 silver TW 5 speed... rebuilt 22T with 20G heads, wrx ra drivetrain, otherwise stock.
73 kazen red VW bus riviera camper
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Put a JDM td04 on her!
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

WoW your going to town on that legacy !.. amazing job so far
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
Mister Anderson
First Gear

I thought about a JDM TD04 since the car will now be used for auto-x, but I'm looking at a blouch 16G, or a 18. This project has been going for way too long lol.

I picked up a AWIC the other week, and bought a GC8 slanty for the sedan from Mike. Silencer PM'ed me about a AWIC shortly after I bought a AWIC from another member.... lol

The AWIC:

It's missing the radiator, but that's okay since I was going to upgrade to a larger one.
Last edited by Mister Anderson on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
91 black SS 5 speed (Canadian).... Closed deck EJ20G, fully built, V5/6 sti ra drivetrain, haltech stand-alone
93 silver TW 5 speed... rebuilt 22T with 20G heads, wrx ra drivetrain, otherwise stock.
Mister Anderson
First Gear

NICO wrote:WoW your going to town on that legacy !.. amazing job so far
Thanks man!
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

the JDM TD04 fits betterish than the USDM
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Mister Anderson
First Gear

SILINC3R wrote:the JDM TD04 fits betterish than the USDM
the early TD04's have the hard 90 inlet right? I was thinking about calling Blouch to see if they could sell me one of their 16/18G turbos with a hard 90. I have all the stuff for the under intake inlet style, but I really don't want to make custom fuel lines Oh, I forgot it was you that had the other AWIC. I corrected my last post to reflect that.
Mister Anderson
First Gear

Re: Mister Anderson's 91 Legacy SS STi-RA 5 speed

It's been 364 days since my last update. The car has not left the shop since the beginning of last summer. I have been too busy to finish it. I did have some issues with the header wrap catching on fire from oil. I changed the oil and when I took the filter off I dumped oil all over the wrap. I thought I got most of it off....ended up having to use a fire extinguisher on a road test. No damage resulted from the fire. This summer I should have it complete engine/tune wise. I still need to address the suspension and brake systems. I haven't decided if I am going to overhaul the current brakes, or get a set of Brembo's. I rebuilt the stock brakes on the 91 SS with Subaru rebuild kits. The difference is night and day. I'm very surprised how well they work. They went from taking a decent amount of force to actuate to slightly putting my foot on the peddle. The brakes are not grabby. or touchy at all. For autocross they should be able to handle the short runs.
RoboBoost
In Neutral

Post by RoboBoost »

This is an awesome build and I can't wait to see more videos of this project in driving action! When you said you rebuilt your brakes, does that include changing the caliper pistons or...?