Default Settings For Search Function

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Default Settings For Search Function

Post by kimokalihi »

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way but every time I search I have change the search settings to search only topic titles and display as topic titles. If I'm the only one, ignore this lol but it's slightly annoying. A lot of forums use these as the default settings and I search a lot.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Default Settings For Search Function

Post by Legacy777 »

I talked with Dave about displaying the search results as topic titles several years ago, and it requires modifying the base template/php file. This isn't a big deal, but any time you do an upgrade it wipes out the hacks and goes back to normal. So Dave was trying to keep everything pretty well unmodified with the templates so when upgrades occur things don't break or go back to defaults.

I too use the display as topic titles options, but not search only topic titles. It is kind of annoying when searching, but I've learn to live with it :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Default Settings For Search Function

Post by kimokalihi »

I see. No big deal. :)
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson