92ColoradoTurbo's build/help

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Re: 92ColoradoTurbo's build/help

Post by 92ColoradoTurbo »

UPDATE!...

So I found out where my oil leak was coming from. I forgot a rubber plug on the back of the driver side head so oil was just spilling out of it. Went through 15qts in 2 weeks.
Then I was delivering one day (Jimmy John's delivery driver rite hur) and i was running dry on maybe 2-3hrs... Later that night, it started to click in the engine even after i put the plug on and topped it off with oil. The next day, it was knocking really loud but it wasnt consistent with the engine firing. It was more random whapping sound like it would be loud a t idle but when i gave it gas, it would go away for a second and then come back with an inconsistent banging. Along with very very wimpy power, I couldnt get up a mild hill.
Many people say it is most likely a spun bearing.

So in the meantime of engine-shopping, I decided to install my 04 sti struts! not a very hard install with two people. We did it in about 4hrs. It sits about 1/2in lower in the front and about 5/8in lower in the back but they havnt gotten ridden on yet to settle so it might be even a little lower.

Then I found a guy with an ej22t! It has all the accessories except for the a/c. It ran very strong when it was in the engine. The intake manifold is already painted red! It already has a tmic. And its already on an engine stand. But it has 193k miles which is... bleh. He's asking 800 for it and I offered 700. I dunno.. WHat do you guys think? should I wait for another or go for it? A new engine is cheaper than buying a used car with new problems to fix right now. And I need my car running asap because it's my means of work as I am a delivery driver! and delivering in a old lifted jeep cherokee doesnt really turn a profit around...

But yea, there's the update, comment about the engine situation please, it's urgent and I could buy it this thrusday and have the engine in and car ready to go this weekend
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Its a crapshoot with these engines this old. If the guy is honest it sounds like a good price you're offering.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Ok, so I was tlaking to my co-worker about my situation and he called a guy who found 3 ej22t's from a junkyard in Colorado. This junkyard takes apart cars themselves and sells the parts to customers so no random persons touches the cars. But the best one has 160k and has a compression of 130 across all 4 cylinders. And they're selling it for $600. Thats also a 6-7hr drive round trip with a 10mpg suburban with the 454 lol. Leaning towards it though...
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Did the guy you offered 700 for seem receptive? Assuming the engine is good, $100 more is worth your time for the drive and fuel.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

A little bit of clutch work :-).

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4
Chris
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Just some pics, my car is ugly but its still a turbo awd woo

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4
Chris
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Please try and use the enter button between pictures so they are displayed vertically (on top of each other).

Thanks
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm