The Muffler Shoppe in White Center, Seattle

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Scruff_
First Gear

The Muffler Shoppe in White Center, Seattle

Post by Scruff_ »

So after getting my SS I noticed a slight exhaust leak. I assumed it was just gaskets that needed to be replaced, no big deal. Sadly, the longer I drove it and the more bumps I went over, I could tell it was getting worse. A few days ago it got to the point where it was probably only a few centimeters off of the ground at most, because I could hear it scraping EVERYWHERE!

A babied it to work the next day and asked one of my coworkers where we usually get our exhaust done (I work at a body shop). They referred me to The Muffler Shoppe, a local exhaust shop in the area.

Dave, who I am assuming is the owner (I think it might be just him working there period!) was super nice and straightforward.

We pulled my car up on the rack and saw this:

So I did have quite the exhaust leak on one of the sections of the 3 inch piping :shock:

I was not expecting the fix to be cheap, and was hoping he could just section it out and weld a new piece in. Instead, he told me he would do THE WHOLE THING, muffler to the downpipe, for basically nothing! I was expecting to walk out with a quote and instead I waited the hour for him to do the whole thing!

GET DOWN FROM THERE!!!

So I waited while he cut the old piping off (He cut it at the downpipe and then at the muffler, the pipe actually folded onto a stand as he made the final cut) and he cut, bent, and welded the new piping on all during my lunchbreak.

BEFORE

AFTER

And BOOM! Paid, took a business card, and rode off back to work. My Legacy sounds beautiful with the Hayame muffler, and it is soooo much quieter (still rumbles, but without waking up the neighbors).

I can't recommend The Muffler Shoppe enough! I will certainly go there next time I need anything done. Dave is very nice and has been doing this for a while now, and there's nothing better than supporting small businesses that deserve to stay around.
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 4EAT
1994 Subaru Legacy TW
2000 Toyota Echo
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: The Muffler Shoppe in White Center, Seattle

Post by kimokalihi »

Awesome! The muffler man in Centralia, wa is great too. Way cheaper than the place in Olympia I went to.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Thanks for the review!

My folks live in that area. My mom had a piece of metal come up and puncture the muffler on her Xterra and she went to a local muffler shop....they welded a patch on it even though most places wouldn't.....I'm wondering if this is the same shop she went to.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Scruff_
First Gear

Post by Scruff_ »

Legacy777 wrote:Thanks for the review!

My folks live in that area. My mom had a piece of metal come up and puncture the muffler on her Xterra and she went to a local muffler shop....they welded a patch on it even though most places wouldn't.....I'm wondering if this is the same shop she went to.
I wouldn't be surprised! That said, there is a lot of muffler/body/anything shops in this area. It's an interesting part of town :)
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 4EAT
1994 Subaru Legacy TW
2000 Toyota Echo