Whiteline End Links & Stock Bar (Rear)

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

just-rust
First Gear

Whiteline End Links & Stock Bar (Rear)

Post by just-rust »

Just figured I'd post up my results from my conversion from the regular, vertical end links ('91-'92 I believe) to the "C" style end links.

I wanted to keep my stock bar and upgrade my end links because my stock bushings were completely blown out. I upgraded my rear lateral links in order to do the conversion. Everything installed nicely and it definitely felt very good over the performance I had on the stock set-up and no bushings (obviously).

After getting under my car yesterday I realized that the stock sway bar is too wide for this set-up and is actually gouging out the new end links. I apparently centered the sway bar off a bit so the other side looks a little better than the side pictured. Looks like I needed to upgrade the sway bar as well. If I noticeably did something wrong or if someone has advice I would be all ears on this so please post up a comment.

Rusty 1991 EJ22T - VF28 - '07 wrx TMIC - MBC - Invidia DP - Walbro 255 SOLD
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, with some neat stuff on it
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Re: Whiteline End Links & Stock Bar (Rear)

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

I have a different lateral link then u, I think the SPT ones?? Since there pink he says, but idk. But looks right. I would say save up for the white line rear bar, and call it a day
94 Winestone SS 5MT Rob 550 20g. (Pickle)
Original WA car with 460k miles and climbing
just-rust
First Gear

Post by just-rust »

I was hoping to not have to put down the cash for a new bar. Figured I'd post and let people know the stock bar will rub on the updated end links. Looks like I get to add one more thing to the list. Thanks for the reply!

And holy crap there are some miles on your car!! Awesome to see.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Very wierd - I have the opposite setup, whiteline bar designed for a 90-92 with factory c-links I swapped in. No width problem or gauges in the c-links.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
just-rust
First Gear

Post by just-rust »

Do you happen to have the product number for the legacy specific bar, Mike? If not I can google it as well.

Also, is there a big difference between the alloy whiteline end links and stock links?
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

BSR19XXZ That's white lines part number for the rear bar. I would assume the alloy links don't flex like the plastic/rubber ones.

And thanks about the miles, I just added another 1000 this weekend for a little road trip.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Woah. Are the front lateral links also adjustable? You could widen the track slightly to see if that makes clearance. Looks like that is shortened all the way up.
just-rust
First Gear

Post by just-rust »

I left the front links alone. I brought it in for an alignment right after install and they said they could only get that side within a half a degree with it tightened all the way up. No problems with the driver side which I found strange.

The whole car feels a little off so I might try an alignment somewhere else.

Thank you for the part number! I am turning 243,000 miles tomorrow and it actually feels kind of new when compared to your mileage. Lol
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

It's kinda not fair to "brag" about the mileage cause the whole power trains been replaced but chassis has it. And half a degree isn't that bad off. But never hurts to try/talk with another shop.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

So front links do adjust or are they stock? And what are the rear links from?
just-rust
First Gear

Post by just-rust »

The links I bought were listed to fit these models: Impreza WRX STi GDA GDB GC8 GC6 93-07. I was searching for something that would fit a "GC" from what I had read. The front links are stock and are not adjustable. I am not sure if I would be able to get the front links out as I tested the inner bolt and it seems like mutilation would be guaranteed trying to get them out.

I'd definitely brag up that mileage regardless. Especially with it running the RobTune and I would imagine it is beating a lot of cars that are a lot newer!
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Oh, ok. well while they do go in, there's a difference between 02-07 impreza sedan and everything else with strut rear (90-99 Legacy, 93-01 impreza, 02-07 impreza wagon) in that the track on the sedan is wider. The rear swaybar for all of those cars is pretty much the same, and is the same width.

So those rear links have to be for the wider sedan, and by dialing them in so short to work on the narrower car, you have moved the endlink mounts too far in. Has nothing to do with your bar and endlink combination.

Your best option I think is to find some different rear lateral links off a "narrow" car.
just-rust
First Gear

Post by just-rust »

I got you. Looks like I shot myself in the foot on this one. I should have asked some questions about the lateral links. Thanks for the info and taking the confusion out of this. At least the next time around I know these will come out easy!