1993 Legacy Touring Wagon Won't Start

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

valpaval15
In Neutral

1993 Legacy Touring Wagon Won't Start

Post by valpaval15 »

So I blew my hyrdo tranny that came with the ej22t and found a junkyard 1990 legacy 5mt with cable clutch and swapped it in, it ran perfectly before the swap. Now for some reason it'll crank and turn over but it wont start.

Any help would be appreciated, also when I put my starter on, the positive lead wasn't connected so I'm not sure if I shorted a fuse or relay by doing that.

Thanks!
smagg26
First Gear

Re: 1993 Legacy Touring Wagon Won't Start

Post by smagg26 »

did you check all your wiring? i pretty sure there would be a difference between the trans.

but i would check all the fuses first so you're not over looking something small.
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Welcome to the site,

There's no difference in the electrical, Just connect the neutral and reverse light switches, IIRC.

What does this mean:

" the positive lead wasn't connected so I'm not sure if I shorted a fuse or relay by doing that."

But you may have blown the main fuse - look in the fuse box by the battery.
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
valpaval15
In Neutral

Post by valpaval15 »

The positive connector for the starter was only 1/4 connected and the first two tries it wouldn't crank whatsoever, and i realized my mistake and connected it and all it does is crank now. Main fuse? What number is it? I checked all the fuses and replaced any of them that were blown, I also just installed a new coil pack and it still wont start.
valpaval15
In Neutral

Post by valpaval15 »

Update: checked codes and cam sensor came up, code 13

turns out the cam sensor is fine, but the wires that connect to it are broken and only one wire is conecting to the sensor, the rest have broken off the connector
smagg26
First Gear

Post by smagg26 »

Well that's your crank no start. if you have enough wire on both ends you and splice in new wire to make sure that is causing your problem.
valpaval15
In Neutral

Post by valpaval15 »

The problem was that the wires were broken really close to the pins in the plug but in the end I just soldered the wires back and black tape insulated them and presto! It started right up!