Where is my MAP sensor signal wire on the ecu

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Adambc5
In Neutral

Where is my MAP sensor signal wire on the ecu

Post by Adambc5 »

One of the members here (forget your name, but was a nice guy for doing so) sent me teh schematic of the Turbo ECU, but it does not mention a MAP sensor persay, bt rather has a pressure sensor that also ties into the factory wastegate solenoid...all made snes to me, so in trying to fit my FCD this weekend, I tapped into it (pin A3 on the ecu, solid white wire) but it did not work (got an immediate CE light). Does anyone happen to know what wire I should tap into, or did I perhaps have the right wire and need to go back over power/ground (whch admittedly i did not check, as it was getting late on Friday night)

Thanks for any assistance!

Adam
'91 BC5 Turbo, modded :)
Adambc5
In Neutral

1 Bar boost = success :)

Post by Adambc5 »

And one happy owner! Finally got around to properly fitting the FCD today, and all is now very well. For all those interested, I can write a FAQ on it for this site, but the long and short of it is this:

Remove the lower trim panel underneath the steering column (same panel as the little coin tray with the folding lid is in). From thee, get yourself a flashlight and look up towards the right of the dashboard...you will see 2 10mm nuts. These are what holds the ecu into place. One of them has a plastic "bracket" hanging from it which are a grooup of wires from the ecu intot he engine bay. First 10mm is almost directly in front of you, the other is upo and to the left (towards the outseide of the car, drivers side). Once the 10's are out, gently slide the ecu towards the center of the car. Looking at the ecu with the plugs (there are 4 yellow plugs that serve as the ecu connectors) still plugged in, the appropriate wire is found on plug B136, which is the rightmost plug. Bottom row, third wire in is a solid white wire, and that is your MAP sensor (aka Pressure Sensor in the factory manuals) signal wire. Cut it, and from there, follow the appropriate directions for your particular FCD (mine is the HKS, so while the instructions are the same, the wire colors from the FCD itself will be different). For the HKS, the settings are adjsutable (all the FCD is is a variable resistor which clamps MAP voltage); I used setting "9", which is the same as we use on new age WRX's. find a keyed on power wire and a good ground (remember, Subarus power everything and pulse grounds, so finding these can be a bit tricky) and reverse your install steps...ecu back in place witht he 2 10's, don't frget to reinstall the wiring harness bracket, then put the trim panel back on.

Many thanks to all that helped!
'91 BC5 Turbo, modded :)