ATTN: Stolen 1992 Legacy Touring wagon!!!

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

kidatari
Second Gear

Post by kidatari »

subyluvr2212 wrote:Thank God! Glad to hear it Matt. Greg needs to get his wagon back now so all is right with the world.

And kidatari, I'm fairly certain that Steve did not personally attack you with the Impreza comment. I've got possible plans for an Impreza project soon, and I didn't piss myself when he said that. Just relax.
Thanks for that man, I know what he meant about what he said. And truth be told there are a bunch of jackasses making it hard for the Subaru community. I just have a problem with people jump to wild conclusions like that. At least one person in this thread (and on this train of thought) has a head on their shoulders. Best of luck with your Impreza project.
[size=75]91 Perl White 5MT Legacy Sport Sedan[/size]
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

kidatari:

I am sorry for all the bashing you have been taking...I for sure didn't mean to annoy you with my comments. I do not, in any way hate Imprezas, especially the GC cars. I think Matt's last post involving post count, etc. was more joking. I know Matt well and he really doesn't care about such petty things.

I hope all can be right, because this is one of the most informative and professional automotive boards I have ever seen...and I think it needs to stay that way!
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

I think Imprezas are pretty sweet, and am regularly jealous of them. Especially the JDM spec C STi. Twin scroll ball-bearing....

Too expensive though. I like driveway engineering my Legacy. And I also like the "Surprise, this isn't a Maxima" effect they get on the road.
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

Aaaaaaaaa, BC/BF is just an Impreza without headroom.....

I had to say that.
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

ScottyS wrote:Aaaaaaaaa, BC/BF is just an Impreza without headroom.....

I had to say that.

Its true...the real Impreza's (GC) are mainly comprised of Legacy Parts...the early WRX was just a BC Legacy RS in a different shell.

A lot of the idiot WRX and STi owners I run into don't even know that the first car with the EJ engine was the BC...
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
JC
First Gear

Post by JC »

555BCTurbo wrote:A lot of the idiot WRX and STi owners I run into don't even know that the first car with the EJ engine was the BC...
I brought my Legacy to a local WRX meet and no one even noticed it. Brought it an RS meet and everyone thought it was cool. :) My RS tends to draw a crowd regardless of what type of meet it is. ;-)

Josh I forgot you had a Legacy too, nice choice of cars. :wink:
[url=http://img254.echo.cx/img254/5309/pond8fq.jpg]2000 2.5RS[/url]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

RS people are 10 times cooler than WRX/STi people...

However, I've yet to see an Impreza guy know a whole bunch about EA-series Soobs :?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
JC
First Gear

Post by JC »

subyluvr2212 wrote:However, I've yet to see an Impreza guy know a whole bunch about EA-series Soobs :?
There are some of us. My mom had a GL coupe and one of my friend's mom's had a GL-10 turbo sedan. They are kinda cool, and I think it'd be fun to pick an RX someday, but notice that all my experience with them is with mothers who owned them. haha. The Impreza is just a better car in every way. Sorry.
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

JC wrote: I brought my Legacy to a local WRX meet and no one even noticed it. Brought it an RS meet and everyone thought it was cool. :) My RS tends to draw a crowd regardless of what type of meet it is. ;-)
And that's a good thing? That just shows how uneducated and boring they are. (not that they found your RS cool, but that they didn't even give a second look at the Legacy)
I think what everyone was trying to say is that a good majority of new Soob owners know squatt about any Subaru herittage. As far as most WRX owners are concerned, if it doesn't come in blue pearl it doesn't matter. :wink:
I personally like Imprezas and have nothing against them, but I'd choose the Leggy any day over the Impreza.
subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

Post by subawhatsubawho »

I'm stuck rolling my wifes Altima while someone is out joy riding or ripping apart my legacy.

I would kill for a bugeye right about now!

The rims that WERE on my legacy were from a SWEET 2.5RS.
1991 Legacy BJ L 5MT AWD 189K Paid $100 STOLEN 2/13/06
subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

I'm stuck rolling my wifes Altima while someone is out joy riding or ripping apart my legacy.

I would kill for a bugeye right about now!

The rims that WERE on my legacy were from a SWEET 2.5RS.
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

so nice, he said it twice. ;) just messing.

that does suck. how much did you get the rs rims for, if you dont mind me asking.
[quote="Manarius "]Only flamers will get those. [/quote]
[quote="All_talk "]How many WHP will that give me? :)[/quote]

2010 Subaru Impreza 5mt 5 door
JC
First Gear

Post by JC »

snowboarded wrote:And that's a good thing?
How did you get that out of my post? :?: Oh wait, you are from ohio. :P
snowboarded wrote:I personally like Imprezas and have nothing against them, but I'd choose the Leggy any day over the Impreza.

That's your preference, but I really don't see the Legacy as having any advantage but financial.
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Ya, two different cars.

The leggy is soft with a long wheelbase, hard to get sideways. GC, a bit short, unbalanced when real power is applied (why GC WRX's were never sent to the states)

GD, oh yeah. Theres the right balance.

My next car will be a bugeye, 02.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Are you serious? I've never driven a car as flickable out of the box, as a Legacy. My car, on stock 200+k suspension, gets sideways just nicely. I understeer as much as I like, and it rotates for me perfectly fine.
Well, that is just my car, though.. :?
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

all this impreza talk wow, it just makes me want to go jump in my turbo legacy o no wait, i mean my impreza 22B and smoke some poor basterd in a sti or wrx. or i could go beat up some legacyturbo guys hahaha im kidding.

rallitektech
about the balancing thing in the gc, thats why i picked the sedan gc and not the coupe. it drives like my legacy no change at all, slight wieght diffrence thats it, the hole car feels light not unbalanced.
subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

snowboarded wrote:so nice, he said it twice. ;) just messing.

that does suck. how much did you get the rs rims for, if you dont mind me asking.
$150.00 and they only had 200 miles on them.
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

JC wrote:
snowboarded wrote:And that's a good thing?
How did you get that out of my post? :?: Oh wait, you are from ohio. :P
There's nothing wrong with Ohio. Or at least that's what they want you to think :wink:
JC
First Gear

Post by JC »

snowboarded wrote:There's nothing wrong with Ohio. Or at least that's what they want you to think :wink:
I went to the University of Michigan, there is pleny wrong with Ohio. :wink:
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

JC wrote:[

I brought my Legacy to a local WRX meet and no one even noticed it.
That's 'cause I wasn't there!

Seriously, I like the BG interior MUCH better than the BF. So much so, that a 22T swap would be the sh*T. It feels more like a boat to drive around, but I like that too. I'm just too big to fit into a BF comfortably. The BF has the nice exterior lines in Touring trim, though. Maybe better than the BG in LSi trim.

Well, the images don't show here, but ehy come up fine when pasted into a browser...
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

JC wrote:
snowboarded wrote:There's nothing wrong with Ohio. Or at least that's what they want you to think :wink:
I went to the University of Michigan, there is pleny wrong with Ohio. :wink:
*cough*OSUrules*cough*

There's plenty wrong with Michigan also. :wink: Been there too many times to not know. Although there was a fun winter TSD rally I did up there...
JC
First Gear

Post by JC »

rallitektech wrote:unbalanced when real power is applied (why GC WRX's were never sent to the states)
Unbalanced handling? I don't think though. You probably get more chassis flex than with a GD, but I think you will still handle great with the proper suspension. I don't think that has anything to do with why we never say a GC WRX.

snowboarded wrote:*cough*OSUrules*cough*
If you want a criminal record and a crappy education maybe, else UofM>>>OSU.
snowboarded wrote:There's plenty wrong with Michigan also. :wink: Been there too many times to not know. Although there was a fun winter TSD rally I did up there...
Ya Michigan sucks, why do you think I live in Atlanta now? haha