Really worried.

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Tell him that if he doesn't cease and desist we will liquidate him...LCO style.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

No need to sink to their level.

Be aloof.
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
JC
First Gear

Post by JC »

Tleg93 wrote:Tell him that if he doesn't cease and desist we will liquidate him...LCO style.
:roll: People like you are worse than they are. America is built on free speech, not whatever I think is acceptable speech.

dzx, hope things turn out ok with the girl. I have a feeling you got a rough road ahead of you though. She better appreciate how much you are willing to do for her.
[url=http://img254.echo.cx/img254/5309/pond8fq.jpg]2000 2.5RS[/url]
jnorion
Third Gear

Post by jnorion »

I like the profile of the "Jesus Christ" dude.
~Joel
1991 Legacy LSi sedan | 1990 Legacy L wagon
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I think this will be an extremely rough road if I do get started on it but I hope it will be worth it. If I can help her to turn her life around and be successful, i could die happy.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

JC wrote:
Tleg93 wrote:Tell him that if he doesn't cease and desist we will liquidate him...LCO style.
:roll: People like you are worse than they are. America is built on free speech, not whatever I think is acceptable speech.

dzx, hope things turn out ok with the girl. I have a feeling you got a rough road ahead of you though. She better appreciate how much you are willing to do for her.
whoa there quick draw. I believe Tleg93 was referring to mr bigots threatening emails.

right back atcha... :roll: :-D
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Ok, it gets worse......If she doesn't accept my help now, there is nothing i can do and I'm going to step away from her completely. I'm now realizing just how far gone she is and its not good
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

JC wrote:

Wtf are you talking about dude? I'm wearing a white hat here. I was trying to lighten the mood for dzx a little and to show solidarity. I have no clue what you took out of that. You can be liquidated too ya know. (that was a joke). Oh, and I was talking about the threatening emails.

Dzx, be careful man. I think you're asking for trouble if you invite her to stay with you at this point. I know it hurts but she needs to find the inner strength to get treatment. I do agree that she needs to move from her surroundings though so maybe you could look up a place for her to recover and get involved in an intervention type way. It works if the person is willing to acknowledge a problem exists and they want a way out of it.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Yeah, I have an extra bedroom, but I wouldn't take my cousin in when he was living in his car for a few months because I don't want my shit missing, whacked out whores, angry dealers, or any related people coming by, nor did I want to find him dead on my bathroom floor. Normally I'd think that I was a selfish prick for having extra and not offering it to someone who needed it, but since my conscience doesn't bother me about it, it must have been the smart choice and not that selfish (self preservation is a different thing, I think).
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Maybe it doesn't apply to every situation but I kind of think that for an addict to truly get better they have to find the strength to initiate their own recovery. Sometimes, you have to steer or push them in the right direction but if you have to do that then it should be to a treatment facility and not to your own house. I know from quitting smoking that it was something I had to do and, in the end, I needed a good reason and the willingness to suffer to achieve it.

On the other hand, buds are buds and a true friend will give their friend the benefit of the doubt. Just make sure they are truly your friend and not a barnacle.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I know there's no way she could be selling without doing it herself. I used to tell her how much she reminded me of my friend Jess who died years ago. I guess they have more in common than I ever imagined. It's like reliving the same nightmare. This may be one of the hardest things I will have to go through besides for burying my own mother.
Last edited by dzx on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

" "young man pay heed, you listen well to what i
say, now there comes a time for a man to walk away", walk away, i'll
be a parade, and i'll be determined that no one shall dissuade on my
way, i'll sure take some time to burn all the bridges that i'm leaving
behind " Bad Religion
:twisted::cool::twisted: "Plenty of time, to ruin my life, so why start now?" The Movie Life
1993 Sports Sedan, Exhaust, MBC, 02 WRX IC, KYB GR-2s...Now with old back seat!
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

she called me last night, accused me of hacking her myspace profile and telling everyone she has aids and is pregnant, admitted to doing meth, then tried to tell me it was my fault she fucked up her life by sending her back to vegas.....I just hung up on her while she was talking, she kept calling back but I didn't want to answer....this sucks. :(
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
sullione
Second Gear

Post by sullione »

Well, I normally don't chime in on these types of things but...everyone can't be wrong. What part of Vegas is she in anyway? I don't know all of Vegas but there are parts I would definately not frequent. Move up and move on.
James
1991 Legacy LSi sold!!!
2003 Infiniti G35
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

ties should be pretty easy to cut at this point
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Her and Joey just got a 575k dollar house near spanish trail, so they are in a nice neighborhood. Yeh, ties are pretty easy to cut at this point. She said she's really paranoid that people are watching her. And their phone has been ringing off the hook. (the guy that hacked her myspace, posted their phone number and said she was pregnant and had HIV.) At this point, I view her as having killed my best friend and until she wants to go through rehab, I'm not talking to her.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

ive thrown away many friendships that i was afraid would have reached the point this girl has reached. weather or not they ever did get to that point, i cant say because i dont know.

if she was really special to you and you belive in her dont throw your relationship away. take it from someone who has done it more times than i can count, it gets lonely when you sit back and think about the good times and the fact that no mater how much you want to, you cant get them back even if they didnt hit rock bottom because they remember that you werent there when it happened
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I don't want to give up on her, I'm pretty much all that's left of her family, her dad died and her mom disowned her but there really isnt anything i can do short of clubbing her on the head and dragging her a couple hundred miles back to colorado.

Someone sent me an email last night saying vice from vegas was going to be calling me to ask some questions. So I don't know what I'm going to do....
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

I remember one of the last conversations I had with my ex before i broke off contact with her

She was telling me how her dad had been following her around all day and all this.

Her dad was with me, at his house.

Scary shit :/
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

When I talked to her a min ago, she told me its her medication. Told me her doctor prescribed it. I couldn't help but laugh
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

Dan,
Don't go to Vegas, it won't do you any good, and she's not ready to be helped. I stand by my comment on pirates and think you need to save yourself from this situation and step back. Having been on both sides of it as the rescuer and as the addict, I know from personal experience that nothing good will come of a trip to Vegas this weekend. Unless she calls you and wants you to come get her and get her out, it's beyond your control. If she does that, you now where to find me to get local help. But until that day, you need to try and find a way to disengage...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I know but sometimes we need to walk off a cliff and I have to say I tried.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

So she arrived this morning. She's passed out now in my bed while I'm at work. Hopefully things work out ok. She asked for the help so hopefully she genuinely wants to get clean.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
jnorion
Third Gear

Post by jnorion »

Wow, I thought things had been cut off. Glad she made it ok.
~Joel
1991 Legacy LSi sedan | 1990 Legacy L wagon
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

It could be just the beginning. I stopped talking to her a while ago. But her friends kinda kept me up to date with what was going on. when she was ready to, she called me and told me she wanted to leave.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out