94 Legacy SS. Fixed ready to sell. Cheaper.

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
PacmanSTI
Will Be Missed

Post by PacmanSTI »

Waiting to see if Scott still wants the car. I'll post for the next person in line if he says no.

-Edwin
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Come on Scott, buy Phil's old car and bring it to this area. I got the wonderful pleasure of helping work on modifying it (WRX intercooler install) during it's many upgrade transitions. You know Matt & I have your back on any repairs you need done...
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I talked to Edwin yesterday. The car is officially for sale again.

Here's the long-and-short.

What's broken:

Nothing is really broken. The car seems to run strong, no stumbles, and it still pulls like a deamon. It's running safe AFR's and feels great.

The speedo cable IS broken, so the car has no VSS input. Thus, there are a few check engine lights associated with it. Edwin has a new speedo cable, so that will probably be a non-issue. Even with the CEL's, the car still runs very well, and there don't seem to be any negatives. What the ECU would want to pull out, aftermarket controllers add back in.

It also needs a new flywheel, from what Edwin told me. That's also a non-issue. Edwin will fix that in no time.

I think that's all I noticed with it when I saw it.

It's running a stock 2002 WRX transmission at the moment, AWD, and it's going strong. The car is daily driven, which bodes for it's reliability.

Edwin is pretty busy, so you can PM me offers.

The auction tag starts at $3200, and the car is sold as-is.

I am simply helping a friend sell his car.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

BAC5.2 wrote:Even with the CEL's, the car still runs very well, and there don't seem to be any negatives. What the ECU would want to pull out, aftermarket controllers add back in.
What aftermarket eletronics are running on the car?
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

The DTec and JECS maf. The ECU has no control over fuel.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

BUMP!

Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

It figures things work out this way. I just get done spending a chunk on my car and this one comes up for sale. I want it. It should be mine considering how long I waited for it but what am I supposed to do now? Grrrr.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Um, sell a kidney and ask Matt to sell his for good measure too. That should cover the asking price right? :twisted:
Jason
thatswhatshesaid
In Neutral

Post by thatswhatshesaid »

So, the car is still for sale?

How can I get ahold of Edwin (the phone seems to be useless)?How can I get my slimy paws on some more photos of the car? And more specs that are current?
What parts are currently on the car? (i.e. what has changed from the last thread, the new thread, etc.)
I WANT TO BUY A SS! PM ME IF YOU'VE GOT ONE TO SELL ME!

* '84 CJ-7, and a driveway full of Subarus... *
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

Last edited by SubaruNation on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Bump. Buy the car!

thatswhatshesaid
In Neutral

BAC5.2 wrote:Bump. Buy the car!
I'm workin' on it...I just need to figure out whether to fly over and drive it home, or ship it.

Hmm...anyone? Anybody here have experience shipping automobiles?

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

Last edited by SubaruNation on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Helpin Edwin sell the car. He's busy and doesn't get forum time at all.

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

Last edited by SubaruNation on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatswhatshesaid
In Neutral

I'm figuring out a way to fly over and drive her home...the car is almost mine...(I just hope Edwin doesn't sell it before I get the chance to pick it up...)

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Good deal, I'll talk to him and make sure he sets you up.

thatswhatshesaid
In Neutral

I called Edwin last week about the car...I really want it - I just need to work out a time when I can take a few days off work to do it. Plus I need to buy airfare.

Hey, BAC5.2 (Phil?), do you know the status of the car pretty well? Would it be good for a 2500-mile trip back to WA? I am really scared of breaking down in the middle of South Dakota or something...is this car capable of it? I mean, I trust the Edwin and all, I just need more opinions to feel safe about it. You know what I mean? What do you think?

Thanks,
- Tyler

thatswhatshesaid
In Neutral

Also, does it have a stereo? Because driving for 36 hours without one will SUCK...

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

As far as I know, it's got a stereo. I think he put one in when he bought it from me.

As for making the 2500 mile trip back, it'll probably do it.

I haven't owned the car for a long time, and it's changed a lot since I did own it. I can't guarantee you that it'll make it, but I don't see why it wouldn't. It never left me stranded for any serious problem.

Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

I wish I wasn't in such a pinch with this beast I've got...
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

BAC5.2 wrote:As far as I know, it's got a stereo. I think he put one in when he bought it from me.

As for making the 2500 mile trip back, it'll probably do it.

I haven't owned the car for a long time, and it's changed a lot since I did own it. I can't guarantee you that it'll make it, but I don't see why it wouldn't. It never left me stranded for any serious problem.
My advice for him would be the AAA gold plan. Free 100 mile tow. Don't drive an old, modded car without it!
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I'd truck it. It'd probably run you about another grand but you'll dump at least 2/3rds that going out and driving it back anyways.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
PacmanSTI
Will Be Missed

VERY VERY Unfortunate update!

Post by PacmanSTI »

My brother flipped the car in West Virginia last night. It is totaled. I have to upload the pics and i'll post them up. Rolled it onto its roof at over 60mph. I am quite heart broken about the car. I really didn't even want to sell it. I was trying to put off actually selling it to someone until I had a reason to keep it. I am hammered drunk right now as a result of my favorite car being totaled. There are so few left and my brother screwed it up. Driving drunk in a car I loaned him as a favor because he got a new job. He is alive but beat up pretty good. A living testament to the safety of Subaru, even the older models. Sorry to inform those of you who where interested in the car but trust me, I am a million times as disappointed as you are.

The A-pillar is flattened down to the height of the roof. They had to cut the drivers side rear door off to extract him and medivac him to Winchester Medical Center. I have the door in the bed of my truck... I will be buying the car back, the motor is still good as is the transmission and exhaust. The trunk is pushed in almost flush with the back of the rear doors. It sucks. Alot.

End of Rant.

-Edwin :x :evil: :smt022
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Wow, that sucks. Very sad. The turquoise monster is no more. Glad your brother made it through that.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com