WRB Legacy smashed into

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

WRB Legacy smashed into

Post by SubaruNation »

i found this on youtube.

it was pretty funny until i realized that the blue car seems to be a wrb legacy of some kind.

i wonder what kind it was though?

it almost looks like a BJ, but when you see the tail lights i think its a newer one.

here: clickity

and in the US?

i didn't think subaru brought any over.. they were only in japan?

wither way i would be way pissed
Last edited by SubaruNation on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

linkity don'ts workity!
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

fixed
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Yes it is a newer outback. Was a nice one too, where funny video, sad the guy hit a Subaru.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Funny how the van bounced off and rolled, while the wagon kept four wheels on the ground.
90 L+ wgn
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I would have beat down a few of the guys running past. Not like they'll have insurance to cover your car and nobody cares about aliens anyway—it's not like beating an animal or something. Come to think of it, I wonder how many serial killers live near the border. Sounds like a book, but I don't write horror.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

this may sound stupid but for some reason i think it was photoshoped . there is no way none of those people got hurt.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

ya i def would not let all those aliens get away after something like that.

such bs.

i bet its not photoshopped b/c there are other youtube videos where there's just a small minivan and then at least 20 get out of it.

the injured ones are still inside the van lol
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

evolutionmovement wrote:I would have beat down a few of the guys running past. Not like they'll have insurance to cover your car and nobody cares about aliens anyway—it's not like beating an animal or something. Come to think of it, I wonder how many serial killers live near the border. Sounds like a book, but I don't write horror.
Actually, under the mockery of a law system we have, presuming this occured on US soil, if you had touched any of them in a negative manner, you could very easily have found yourself charged with assault, battery, and possibly even a hate crime. If one of your "victims" cases had been picked up by a zealous ACLU lawyer or the district attorney was looking to further some cause he's/she's championing, you could have been forced into paying restitution to the "victim" and/or spend some time in the hokey. If it made it to a national media stage, things could have spiraled out of control quickly. The video showed to the American public would have shown you beating a "defenseless victim of a motor vehicle collision" while neglecting to show the previous chase or the multiple people fleeing the van. Maybe they would have showed a bit of the van when only one or two people were in the process of removing themselves from the wreckage, just to further the dramatic effect of the story. Not to mention the fact that the immigration status of the individual might not even be mentioned once.

After paying your own medical bills and showing you could afford a lawyer because of the insurance check for the loss of car, you could have been soaked with BOTH parties legal fees as you were found guilty/plead out due to the immense weight and attention the case had collected. And even after you're paroled, or perhaps in the unlikely chance you'd actually win your freedom in court, the labels of being an "evil, racist, homicidal bigot" would only be eclipsed by the cold stares of people who recognize you in the street. Your release could have triggered protests, marches, demonstrations, possibly even a riot or two. The death threats from "sympathizers" would force you to pack up and move, but not before your car had it's paint defaced with racist/profane slurs and tires slashed. The friends you knew and still believed in you would have been subject to some of the same treatment, furthering the impact. Your life could have been turned upside-down in the media's ever going quest to find the the most provacative headline and increase profitibility of commercial space the only way they know how:

"unbiased news reporting"

Ok. I know that this kind of thing would be pretty unlikely to happen, especially with all the different details. But nobody who actually studies and understands how the law and media work could tell you, without a shred of doubt, that this COULDN'T happen.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I probably couldn't catch a desperate alien anyway. But what you said is why I was a little disappointed they cancelled jury duty on me yesterday. It's far from the random sample they claim as I've been called after the expiration of every period (3 times so far), and with what I wrote on my form about why I couldn't be an unbiased juror, I was hoping I'd end up on some kind of blacklist. BUt I didn't have to go, so they don't have to see the form.

My civic duty is working, paying taxes (on many services I don't use), and not killing the people who deserve it in the interest of maintaining this farce society. My civic duty is NOT contributing to a system where double-speak, stupidity (don't get me started on the sex offender system!), and money is equitable to justice. It might be a better system than some countries, and my broken-down car in the garage might need less work to get running than ones in a junk yard, but none of them will get me to work next week. People who are satisfied enable tyranny and injustice. I'm not about to start a revolution that would inevitably fail, but I can write (arguably), so that's what I do.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
John Drivesabox
Second Gear

Post by John Drivesabox »

Looks like an '05 + Legacy GT Wagon. That's a lot of aliens!
[quote="George McFly"] Hey you, get your damn hands off her!
[/quote]

Navy Chief, what's your specialty?
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

evolutionmovement wrote:I probably couldn't catch a desperate alien anyway. But what you said is why I was a little disappointed they cancelled jury duty on me yesterday. It's far from the random sample they claim as I've been called after the expiration of every period (3 times so far), and with what I wrote on my form about why I couldn't be an unbiased juror, I was hoping I'd end up on some kind of blacklist. BUt I didn't have to go, so they don't have to see the form.

My civic duty is working, paying taxes (on many services I don't use), and not killing the people who deserve it in the interest of maintaining this farce society. My civic duty is NOT contributing to a system where double-speak, stupidity (don't get me started on the sex offender system!), and money is equitable to justice. It might be a better system than some countries, and my broken-down car in the garage might need less work to get running than ones in a junk yard, but none of them will get me to work next week. People who are satisfied enable tyranny and injustice. I'm not about to start a revolution that would inevitably fail, but I can write (arguably), so that's what I do.
i love how no matter what the topic is, it always ends up political in the long run on the internetz lol.

i totally agree w/ you evolution.

and that's too many aliens
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Post by 92ss satinsvoice »

if that was me i would have been nice enough to give them the option of death from my pistol. :-D
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
92 ss burgundy, weekend toy - owner since 2006
mods: too much to list, lost track after $16,000
91 ss champagne - Rip
93 L wagon - Sold (in the family)
97 OBW LTD - Sold (in the family)
88 Leon GL Hatchback - DD
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

92ss satinsvoice wrote:if that was me i would have been nice enough to give them the option of death from my pistol. :-D
blackwater AA-12