Xcceleration short-throw shifter

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Xcceleration short-throw shifter

Post by entirelyturbo »

Just so you know, guys, the shifter will probably fit our cars, but it requires more work than I'm willing to do. The factory shiftknob does not fit, and you'll need an extra coupling in the linkage to get the transmission linkage to attach correctly to the shifter linkage... So now I gotta send it back...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I'd bought the kartboy shifter, then had him send me another one because i thought i got the wrong one. Turns out that the older assemblies don't work with any short shifters made for the RS/WRX. So i just decided to replace the whole thing with an STI setup and kept the stock knob (best for the hot/cold temps here).

Buying a WRX assembly from NASIOC/i-club or eBay is a nice solution as well.

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Either way, I'm gonna hafta replace all my bushings... I just wanted to improve the shifting action and in turn replace all the bushings anyway...

Would you believe, between the transmission linkage and the shifter linkage, I have a bushing missing :oops: !
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
petridish38
Second Gear

wow

Post by petridish38 »

crazy! that seems to be a common thing in legacies....I have all my bushings, but my friend's are missing too on her '91....i dont know what it is... they must be in such great demand that people go around parking lots and take them from the bottom!
1990 Legacy LS Sedan FWD NA MT
209,000 miles!
2002 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
http://www.myspace.com/petridish38
http://www.cardomain.com/id/petridish38
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

yea, rubber tends to go pretty quick in an environment that faces the temp extemes a car subjects it to. Man, im just gonna have to replace those missing tires...
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]