Back on the board w/ new GT...woot

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

mr soul
Second Gear

Back on the board w/ new GT...woot

Post by mr soul »

Hey what's up people, long time! It's been a few years since I closed the shop so I've been way less active on this board. Well, with a new addition to my fleet, I'm proud to be back on the BBS with my new pride and joy! I picked this up down in Oregon last week from an enthusiast, it was his passion for the last 8 years.

This is how I got it:

Over the first weekend with it I removed the rack, put some new shoes on, and swapped in seats. Not too much else planned for this as it will be my daily driver for a bit.

Here is how it sits now:

Complete mod list:
1998 Legacy GT
2.2L Engine (Swapped out unreliable 2.5L for 2.2L 3+ years ago)
Power Doors/Windows/Mirrors
Cruise Control
A/C
5sp MT
Tilt Wheel
183,XXX
Moonroof
Split/Fold down rear seat
Premium sound option
Factory Roof Rack
4 wheel ABS Disc brakes
Fog Lights
Dual front airbags

Engine:

K&N Panel Filter
Mr. Josh Lightweight Pulley
RandomTech Hi Flow Cat
Stromung 2.25" resonated midpipe
SPT axelback
Kartboy Exhaust hangers

Handling:

KYB GR2 struts
Whiteline Control Springs
Outback 18mm Rear Sway Bar
Front Brembo OEM rotors
Cusco Front strut Bar

Interior:

Kartboy Short Shifter
Kartboy Knuckleball shift knob
Kartboy hardened bushings
WRX pedals
EVO 9 all black recaro Front seats
Alpine MP3/iPod ready deck
Covered DIN pocket
Window Tint
Subaru All-Weather Mats
Rear cargo area rubber mat

Exterior:

JDM taillights
JDM projector headlights
JDM center garnish
JDM sidemarkers
JDM Power folding side view mirrors
Yakima Rack
Packline Roof top Fiberglass box
Custom Painted White Subaru badge
Primitive Racing Rear Differential Protector
ADVAN RC1 wheels, 17x7.5 w/ Hankook Ventus 235/40 17

So the best part of this purchase to me is that my 98 coupe will be retired from the daily driving routine and will be taken to the next level with less reliability in mind :twisted:

This one does have the 2.2 closed deck block so it shares the heart of a legacy! Woot!
Let me know what you think!
Keith

Retired but still rocking a 98 Coupe with the heart of a turbo legacy :)
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

damn sweet wagon. I love how you swapped the EJ22 in it thats awesome.
That RS is soooo sexy, gotta love the Ej22t also :D
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

well the previous owner did that, but I said the same thing!
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

haha ya. Just the fact that he swapped it from the 2.5 GT motor (unsure on engine code) to the EJ22 is just plain awesome, most non-enthusiasts would be like WTF thats retarded.
We all respect it here though haha
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

nice rides! :)
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Nice! What's the story with the 22B bumper?
90 L+ wgn
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

just the right time and right place to find the bumper used. Correct color and everything. :D
hallowpoint
First Gear

Post by hallowpoint »

i saw this for sale great buy. i also live in olympia and i also have a 97 bk legacy. mines black with gold bbs's. lets get together for a photoshoot!!
also any chance your getting rid of the rack? i dont need the box, but i do have the factory cross bars, if you dont.
hallowpoint
First Gear

Post by hallowpoint »

have you checked out sl-i.net
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

hallowpoint wrote:i saw this for sale great buy. i also live in olympia and i also have a 97 bk legacy. mines black with gold bbs's. lets get together for a photoshoot!!
also any chance your getting rid of the rack? i dont need the box, but i do have the factory cross bars, if you dont.

yeah I've seen your ride on some boards I think. I think I just offered my GTX as trade when you put up a FS on her just a few months ago right? I told you I wanted a ride like yours!

For now, I'm going to keep the rack setup. But I do have the thought to clean out some of my roof rack stuff since I have another car with a full setup and probably don't need both. Honestly though, Craigslist is loaded with opportunities for racks. That is where I got all my other stuff for real cheap.

I'm not on SI net but will check it out. Do you go to the "weekly Oly meet stuff on the NWIC?
hallowpoint
First Gear

Post by hallowpoint »

i think i remember, im glad that you found a car, btw your was a better deal and alot cleaner. i got ya on the rack iv had a few different setups but i always sell them. as for the oly meets i use to go great group of guys and everything but it always the same guys, same BS, ect. what wheels are on the legacy? now since your selling the p1's which i think look sick, i might be interested if i can sell the bbs's. were at in oly are you located? iv seen your gc once on the west side thats where i live.
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

I'm just north of Capital high on the westside as well.

The wheels on the new leggy in the pic are Advan RC1's which I really got for my GC but since I don't plan on driving that much right now I though them on the new deal.

BBS > P1's all day long but I need to sell the prodrives so if you are wanting to change up your shoes, I'd love to sell them to a local.
hallowpoint
First Gear

Post by hallowpoint »

BBS > P1's all day long. i agree but im low on funds and my wheels seem to be the ez way for cash right now.

oh really i live on the other side of capital. do you know two mile tavern? i live in that new neighborhood bay hill. off mud bay. i really want to see your car, are you going to the oly meet this week?
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

yeah I know your neighborhood. You old enough to get in the 2mile? That would be a cool place to meet up in my book.

I'm not going to tonights meet, Thursdays kind of suck for me cause I have to leave crack of dawn and be in Marysville most of the day. I'm up for trying to hit a Saturday or Sunday afternoon tire kicking meet.

Post up your BBS's, see what happens. I hate to say it but probably the same reason you might need some cash is why it's hard to sell a 1K or more wheelset. Money is tight all over right now. I only point this out because you might find a buyer, sell them for less than they are worth and then regret it later when you want new shoes. But I'm sure you know all this already.

You still have stockers? I've got a multitude of options if you need something cheaper, RS 5 spokes, WRX, GT Snowflakes... plus the prodrives up for sale.
hallowpoint
First Gear

Post by hallowpoint »

ya im almost old enough to get in to 2 mile :( i dont think im doing anything sat or sun. i think i have a guy coming to pick up an exhaust i took of the car, as for wheels iv have a few sets. oh would you be interested in some jdm areo guards?
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

thats cool, maybe this weekend we could catch up.

JDM aeroguards? If it's a full set yeah possibly, but probably need to sell the prodrives before I spend more money right now sorry.
hallowpoint
First Gear

Post by hallowpoint »

^defiantly since the weather is getting nicer i want to take some pictures of the car.