lossing power when engine is warm.

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

kbeefy
First Gear

lossing power when engine is warm.

Post by kbeefy »

Just fixed my car after smashing the front left corner, now it cuts out once it gets up to temp. Car runs great cold, but then throws a code and will only run up to about 1/4 throttle. Let the car cool off and it runs good, CEL goes out. I haven't pulled the code yet but will after work.

Any advice?
'92 Legacy SS, AGX, GC coilover, ALK, 20mm ARSB, FCD, MBC, iceracer, rallyx and DD
'87 Mustang GT roadracer, to many mods to list
kbeefy
First Gear

Re: lossing power when engine is warm.

Post by kbeefy »

got a 22 (Knock Sensor), 23 (Air Flow Sensor), and 45 (Pressure sense and exchange). When I drove the other day the boost controller lines had been disconected and I overboosted and got fuel-cut a few times, I think thats what the 22 and 45 are from. gonna see how to check the MAF, I assume thats what the 23 is for.
'92 Legacy SS, AGX, GC coilover, ALK, 20mm ARSB, FCD, MBC, iceracer, rallyx and DD
SiCkSTi04
Second Gear

Post by SiCkSTi04 »

Have you tried resetting the ecu and waiting to see which come back up.
-04 WRX STi - Java Black Pearl - Cobb Stage 2
-02 Forester Type S premium - Platinum Silver Metallic - Stock
-92 Legacy Sport Sedan - Onyx Black Pearl - Stock
kbeefy
First Gear

Post by kbeefy »

I just tried a couple times to reset the ECU, either I'm doing it wrong (probable) or I'm getting the same codes again.

While driving in check mode to reset, the CEL started flashing code 45. Since I have a Fuel Cut Defender I'm gonna make sure the wiring on that thing didn't get messed up.
kbeefy
First Gear

Post by kbeefy »

Found the harness on my FCD partially unplugged, short test drive wasn't able to duplicate the problem. Hopefully that was it, now I just need to figure out the right way to clear these codes...