SVX rims on BF

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

SubaLegacy
In Neutral

SVX rims on BF

Post by SubaLegacy »

Has anyone ever seen a Legacy with SVX wheels? Does anyone know any reason why not to do this, aside from personal dislike fo the SVX wheels? Such as, the fact that SVX's tend to have bearing problems, which is possible that it is due to the SVX wheels' offsets. Does anyone happen to know exactly what the offset is for SVX wheels, are they the typical high positive offset of most Subys?
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

nope, and you'll probably never see a legacy with svx wheels. Why you ask? because the svx's have a different bolt pattern than most the other newgen subarus (05sti is the only one the same so far). I personally think the wheels look kinda cool. Also the bearing problem is more related to the installation and weight of the car rather than the offset. Subaru wouldn't produce a wheel specifically for a car and have the offset be incorrect.

EDIT: I meant bolt pattern but said offset :)
Last edited by THAWA on Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
SubaLegacy
In Neutral

Post by SubaLegacy »

THAWA, what is the offset on the SVX wheels, do you know? You mentioned newer legacy's but what about a '91?
SubaLegacy
In Neutral

Post by SubaLegacy »

BTW what is the offset on for the 91 legacy?
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

The offset depends on the width of the wheel in question.

EDIT: I mistyped what I meant to say. I had meant to say bolt pattern but instead said offset. The bolt pattern of svx's is 5x114.3 also the same as the 05 Impreza WRX STi's, our legacy's, along with impreza's (not 05 STi's), outback's, forester's, baja's, and XT6's have the same bolt pattern of 5x100
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
SubaLegacy
In Neutral

Post by SubaLegacy »

Okay, I see now. So it would be impossible without major changes that would not make it worth while. Hmmmm. Thanks for your input, I'm glad I didn't go ahead and buy some SVX wheels that wouldn't have fit, I just expected it to be 5x100 like all the other suby wheels.
SubaLegacy
In Neutral

Post by SubaLegacy »

Is there a way to get rid of this poll, I suppose it is a little unnecessary now.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

done
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm