Perrin Pulley

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dzx
Fifth Gear

Perrin Pulley

Post by dzx »

I installed the pulley today, took a total of ten minutes. I must say, having a 2 ft breaker bar makes taking the crank bolt out pretty easy.

So I installed it and took it for a ride, i was really impressed as the car starts out in first a lot quicker. The pulley along with the flywheel and 4.11 gears make the engine rev like crazy tho, first and second gear really really dont last long.

All in all, i think it was money well spent.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

i hve to get mine out of the box and onto the car.

me, i want 4.44s in my car!
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

greg donovan wrote:i hve to get mine out of the box and onto the car.

Haha, your insane ;)

My brother's 4.111 geared stock legacy is in its gears too short of a time for me. I can't imagine how fast it would be with an upgraded turbo and some other mods. 4.44s.....you might as well start in third :)
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

georryan wrote:

Haha, your insane ;)

My brother's 4.111 geared stock legacy is in its gears too short of a time for me. I can't imagine how fast it would be with an upgraded turbo and some other mods. 4.44s.....you might as well start in third :)
all you have to do is ride in a open class rally car w/4.44s and you will understand my motivation.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Re: Perrin Pulley

Post by J-MoNeY »

dzx wrote:I installed the pulley today, took a total of ten minutes. I must say, having a 2 ft breaker bar makes taking the crank bolt out pretty easy.

So I installed it and took it for a ride, i was really impressed as the car starts out in first a lot quicker. The pulley along with the flywheel and 4.11 gears make the engine rev like crazy tho, first and second gear really really dont last long.

All in all, i think it was money well spent.
I just got mine in an installed it also. I would say it liberated my engine a bit. Feels smoother, and the rev's climb a little faster. Not a bad investment.
98 LGT
TurboSubie
First Gear

Post by TurboSubie »

I realize I am a little late in posting, I also have this pulley..I also agree it is much faster...boost launching fun..you can feel the difference.
1994 Aegian Blue Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan. Mean Muggin.

1995 Honda CBR 600 F3 D&D complete system,K&N, few other things..
supernoob
First Gear

Post by supernoob »

I put one of these on my 5 spd SVX and couldn't believe the difference. It was better than expected.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

a 5spd SVX? I didn't know they made them. Do you think they make a pulley for an EJ20G engine?
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

all the pullies are the same. just get one
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
supernoob
First Gear

Post by supernoob »

[quote="Imprezive"]a 5spd SVX? I didn't know they made them. Do you think they make a pulley for an EJ20G engine?[/quote]

They don't make them, I make them. :D

I just put one of those $25 ebay pullies on my Legacy and it didn't seem much different from the Perrin. Actually made the car smoother to shift into gear.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

I bought a used Perrin +1 for all the good stuff they said. AND...has anyone else gotten 1-2 more mile per gallon? Yep, these are easy to install, you can buy any quality AND they help gas milage. I'm going to put one in every car I own from now on...
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

sorry to bring this back from the dead but im going to woth in a month buy a 3 set from 4Zero1 motorsports. the crank pulley how hard is it to get off. i see some of yall say it takes like 15 min. just loosen the bolt, take the stock crank pulley off and replace with the new one and then did you torque to specs or fell. cant wait to do this have been waiting to do this for a year or 2.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
slowjoe
First Gear

Post by slowjoe »

you might need to get new belts as well.
94 AT FWD N/A wagon-gutted daily driver.
livestrong14
Fourth Gear

Post by livestrong14 »

georryan wrote:

Haha, your insane ;)

I love my 4.44 gears, they are awesome for auto-x and still really well mannered on the street and freeway.
91 SS -Carbon Bronze Pearl
EJ257/EJ205 Hybrid
Built by NWSS www.simplysubie.com

93 Ford Ranger-DD
91 Rio Red SS- RallyX Project
93 AWD Sedan- FOR SALE!

Sponsors: NWSS, Forced Performance, Surgeline, RalliTEK