Its Been a While...I'm Now Down One Sube

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

MrBean85
First Gear

Its Been a While...I'm Now Down One Sube

Post by MrBean85 »

Its been a while since my last post but I thought I'd give you guys a quick update.

I lost my 94 SS to a pretty serious wreck back in November. I was on the last leg of a road trip about 30mins from my apt when I swerved to keep from hitting a big old buck deer (bad choice but it was instinct). I ran off the road, over corrected, got the car back under control and then lost it finally. I ended up going down into the median and hitting the end of a guardrail with the right rear door which caused me to flip over and land on the roof. I crawled out of the car immediately and only wound up w/ a minor cut on my forearm and a seatbelt burn on my side.

The insurance company totalled the car and i actually made some money out of the deal. I was pissed that it happened to my SS but i was thankful to have survived it. I'm trying to salvage the engine, trans and such from her to make spirit live on in another Sube but not having much luck.

I still have my 92 L but her trans is on its last leg but with the insurance money I was able to put a nice down payment down on a 02 Jetta 1.8T (GASP!)
2002 VW Jetta 1.8t 5spd 62k miles

92 Legacy L AWD sedan, 4EAT, 190k miles, Magnaflow muffler, K&N, & removed intake silencer

RIP 11/7/05 94 SS 5spd 133k miles