New VW rims for the Subie? (NOW WITH PICS)

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Tone-us
First Gear

New VW rims for the Subie? (NOW WITH PICS)

Post by Tone-us »

well guys I lucked out and I am getting a set of 2002 WRX wheels for only 50 bucks....WOOT WOOT, no tires but that a heck of a deal. I am also getting a set on VW rims with tires for free! I don't know if they are going to work or not.... depending on the offset but let me know what you guys think? If they don't work out I can allways just turn around and sell them.
Wheels came off a Vw Beatle Turbo, here is a pic of the rims I'll be getting for free
Last edited by Tone-us on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

They kinda look like Legacy Turbo wheels (Outback style), so they should look good on a Leggy, IMO. No idea about the offset, though. :?
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Why would you defile your fine piece of Japanese ingenuity with German atrocity?
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
Tone-us
First Gear

Post by Tone-us »

because those have tires and the WRX rims don't...... plus they're free!
JC
First Gear

Post by JC »

They'll probably rub, VW rims are ~+38mm IIRC.
[url=http://img254.echo.cx/img254/5309/pond8fq.jpg]2000 2.5RS[/url]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

If the tires fit, swap them to the WRX rims and sell the Beetle rims.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

Manarius wrote:Why would you defile your fine piece of Japanese ingenuity with German atrocity?
meanwhile...
Manarius wrote: I do believe that its one's right to do to their car what they want.
you better checkady check yourself... I'll take that to a seperate thread if I have to, but Manarius, you need to find a level and sit on it, sorry, but it's been bothering me
(i.e. JDM lights that are dangerous are ok? but well made German wheels (despite the fit) aren't?)

but I agree with Steve, the offset will probably make it not work but the tires might be worth the while, to someone at least, they'd look pretty cool though, a more smooth SS/Outback wheel
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

corsair wrote:
Manarius wrote:Why would you defile your fine piece of Japanese ingenuity with German atrocity?
meanwhile...
Manarius wrote: I do believe that its one's right to do to their car what they want.
you better checkady check yourself... I'll take that to a seperate thread if I have to, but Manarius, you need to find a level and sit on it, sorry, but it's been bothering me
(i.e. JDM lights that are dangerous are ok? but well made German wheels (despite the fit) aren't?)

but I agree with Steve, the offset will probably make it not work but the tires might be worth the while, to someone at least, they'd look pretty cool though, a more smooth SS/Outback wheel
lol. No need to get angry. He's free to do with his car what he wants...that comment was an indirect way to attack the VW..since VW's suck :P. By all means, put the VW rims on...it doesn't bother me at all.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

hah another reason to use these :P

it just didn't make sense because you were contradicting yourself in two threads and it just kinda bothered me, must be that time of the month... wait a minute :shock:
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Tone-us
First Gear

Post by Tone-us »

Update: I picked up the VW rims yesterday! It looks like they might fit after all? I just need to buy some wider lug nuts. The WRX rims I wont get till the 14th which is fine I guess. So pics of the Legacy with VW turbo rims to come..... stay tuned.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

hey tone-us drop me a line if you need some cheap tires for the wrx wheels... i have 2 or 3 sets of decent 16's
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
Tone-us
First Gear

Post by Tone-us »

Big green, I'm very interested.... what type of tires are they? and what kind of price do you have in mind? please pm me with the details so I can go up there and pick them up. Thanks.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

i will look right after class and let you know
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
Tone-us
First Gear

Post by Tone-us »

Thanks man I really appreciate it. say, about how much life do you think they have left in them? just go ahead and give me a better description and what kinda price your looking to get from them.
Describe them something Like this.

Tire= Brand/style/size/amount of thread left on them?

Thanks again man.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

i have 2 sets
goodyear eagles rsa 205 55 16 enough until end of summer ~ 1/3 penny depth left

goodyear eagle ls (currently mounted on some Bronze painted GT (multispoke) rims) 205 55 16 1/2 penny tread left.

~50 for either set
also i would be able to mount and balance for you too

i will look around the stealership again today for some other tires they might have, they are sending me to spokane to retrieve a police car :-D
Tone-us
First Gear

Post by Tone-us »

Big Green..... do you have these said tires at your place or would I have to go to the dealership you work at to get them? I do want a set but don't know when I can get them from ya? Let me know... cause if I need to jump on it I'll try and hurry up. thanks.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

they are at my place. and whenever you can get up here is fine, they arent going anywhere anytime soon. :-)
Tone-us
First Gear

Post by Tone-us »

Here are some pics of the VW rims on the Subaru

Let me know what you guys think?
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

mmm personally I dont like them

It might look better if the car was lowered an inch and a bit tho
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
Tone-us
First Gear

Post by Tone-us »

Hold on, let me go snap a few more..... looking lowered.
Tone-us
First Gear

Post by Tone-us »

More pics.

Does that look any better? does anyone know how I could lower it a bit in the front without spending a lot?
Last edited by Tone-us on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Watch it kid...

Believe it or not...German stuff is pretty damn well engineered...
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Some of it was. Some of it is, but is so ugly it warps the fabric of the very space it inhabits. Some is just ugly Korean look-alike and sucks no matter how big an engine they put in it. Oh, and there's Porsche.

Those wheels look too big, maybe if they had lower profiles on them also.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

evolutionmovement wrote: Oh, and there's Porsche.
Kinda what I was referring too...because our 911 is a lot of things, but piece of crap ain't one of em...

Aircooled Volksies are tits too :D

Oh...go pick shit with an Audi S4 sometime too...see what happens :P
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Next time I see one broken down on the side of the road I'll lend him a hand. Are you implying he'd tip me for the help? I'm sure he has a phone to call the tow truck on speed dial and I sure as hell can't effect a repair on those POSs on the side of the road. I see more VW products on the side of the road (and frequently, and relatively new) than any other company (yes, even more than old Chrysler products or Korean makes).