Intake manifold adapter plate: feeler thread

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

thehookeup
Third Gear

Intake manifold adapter plate: feeler thread

Post by thehookeup »

so i have been toying with the idea of designing a set of adapter plates, to convert old style straight bolt pattern to the new style that has a bolt offset. So you would be able to have top feeds, new style 05-current LGT and 08 and newer wrx plastic style manifolds, and all other intakes with offset bolt patterns. At work i have access to CNC'ing and all other fabrication equipment.

I had this idea a few months ago. I love my 20g heads and i didnt want to loose them. even newer heads dont flow as well as some of the older heads. Just the fact that we would be able to use top feeds would be great.

Tell me what you think. would you buy it?
-93 2.2T (RIP), 93 N/A best car on earth.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Personally, probably not. Newer intakes take newer sensors, which means a wiring conversion, in which case I would just run a newer motor altogether.

If your thinking of something to convert to top feeds, why not make an adapter kit to fit top feed to EJ20G/EJ25D intakes? It would be a lower piece that adapts the bottom of the injector to the manifolds, a top piece that distributed fuel and retain the injectors, and spacers between the two.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

Yea the wiring could be painful depending on what manifold you use. But if you use your original wiring for the most part, placement of different sensors hasnt changed too much. Either way i see how wiring for some people might make it difficult. I know tons of people that are mechanical but cant wire to save their lives.

Making a setup for converting the side feeds into top feeds would be cool, might take a little more time and money though.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

There's also a decent selection of side feeds available. Not just OEM Subaru injectors.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
GodSquadMandrake
First Gear

Post by GodSquadMandrake »

Yeah Nissan injectors work too.
I don't think I would want those intake manifolds because they would be really expensive and you would have to buy a TGV delete kit too unless you got a JDM intake manifold.
Unless you can prove some massive flow gains or some huge benefit besides fuel injectors it's not worth it.
-Doug Wilson
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

Adapters for top feeds on a side-feed intake shouldn't be too difficult.

Something like Outfront does? http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/fuel_rail_setup.htm
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

93forestpearl wrote:Adapters for top feeds on a side-feed intake shouldn't be too difficult.

Something like Outfront does? http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/fuel_rail_setup.htm

Those are cool! Man, I want a Subaru dune buggy......
SUBARUEHS Racing
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

n2x4 wrote: Those are cool! Man, I want a Subaru dune buggy......

They are pretty slick. For the price they are hard to beat. A firend of mine has them on his EJ22T/25D hybrid. Standard Bosch style injectors are pretty easy to come by, and fairly reasonable. He wanted to use 1600cc units, so that's why he got them.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
subaru_styles
Third Gear

Post by subaru_styles »

i think if someone ever made adpater plates for a manifold, i would think 2.2sohc heads to 20g/25d manifold style would be a nice part
1994 SS "JDM-OEM"

1997 2.5gt wagon, ricebowl, 207 swapped

1999 lifted 2.5gt wagon,"tokyo weekender"

1994 gt wagon, next build

1994 turbo wagon
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

hopefully hopefully time permitting i will have the plates done this week, and try to post some pics. so you guys can check out what im talkn about. The prototypes will be made out of cast. But im gonna have the others made out of aluminum
Andrew