Source for door weatherstrip clips.

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ACVWguy
In Neutral

Source for door weatherstrip clips.

Post by ACVWguy »

Ya know those little white clips that hold the door jamb weatherstrip to the doors? Well, while I was replacing one of my doors weatherstrip (it was torn from being frozen to the jamb last winter), I broke nearly every single clip.

So I found that most of the Subaru parts sites charge about $1.50-$2.00 PER CLIP. That's before shipping. So I would be paying $40 easy to replace them all.

That's until I found these:

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Subaru ... a21565.htm

About $11 after shipping and 25 clips per box. Just installed them and they fit just like the originals! Satisfied to say the least.
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Re: Source for door weatherstrip clips.

Post by free5ty1e »

Ha, awesome find! Thanks! I'm making a note of this :)

I have the exact opposite problem.... my clips are all fine but the weatherstripping on all 4 of my doors (esp. the rear doors) is just flopping around and won't stay clipped as the rubber is ripped where it should fasten in just about every case.

I need to find a good source for the replacement strips. Where did you get yours and what did they cost ya?
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
ACVWguy
In Neutral

Post by ACVWguy »

I was lucky and found a very low mileage 1991 Legacy wagon (same color as mine, even) in the local junkyard. I pulled nearly all of the weatherstrip off the car for like $25 and put it on my car. Nearly perfect condition.

Pull-and-save in Spokane, WA has like 13 BC/BF Legacies on the yard at any given time.

But I bet you'll spend $4-500 on weatherstrip for all four doors if you bought new.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

All new weather stripping would be superb. Under the hood too. Mine under the hood is torn where those clips go and comes loose all the time.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Yeah, it's about time to find the junkyards around here that have Subarus. That's a bit too much new lol

I hadn't taken a look at the hood clips, I wonder if they're the same as the door clips?
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
oldscoobyturbo
Second Gear

Post by oldscoobyturbo »

the weather strip clips are the same on all subarus
new weather stripping is not cheap I think I priced out the front doors and its $160 ea with clips
Silver 99 Legacy GT Wagon
White 90 BC5 RS Type RA
Black 01 Legacy Outback H6 Wagon
http://s684.beta.photobucket.com/user/d ... l/library/