4.11 5MT, Rebuilt, all new OEM (except gears/synchros)

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
skid542
Fifth Gear

4.11 5MT, Rebuilt, all new OEM (except gears/synchros)

Post by skid542 »

I'm selling my rebuilt transmission that originally came out of my NA 2.2L 96’ Outback. I rebuilt the transmission and then less than a 1,000mi later the car got crunched. The frame was bent and the car was a loss. It was a sad story...

I rebuilt the tranny as part of a 2.5/2.2 frankenmotor swap with EL headers. The tranny was in great shape but I was putting a brand new shortblock and rebuilt heads into the car and wanted the tranny like new so I didn't have to worry about maintenance for years to come. I got the swap done and then 1,000mi came the crunch.

I’ve been saving the tranny for a 5mt swap into my 99’ but other projects have come up and so I’m clearing room out of the garage. The rebuild consisted of:
* Brand new OEM input and output bearings on the main shafts
* Brand new OEM phase II center diff *for those wondering - yes you can swap a phase II center diff into a phase II housing if you do a little machining to the tail housing to make clearance
* Replaced all bearings in the tail housing
* Replaced the axle seals

All parts were Subaru OEM and the work was performed by a local Subaru shop. I did not replace the synchros because it still shifts like a champ and this wasn't a track car.

I am asking $1,200. I prefer pickup or I am willing to drive up 150mi to meet – just throw me a tank of gas and a burger. I am located in north Idaho near Couer d'Alene. Shipping can be arranged if need be but I'd prefer not to.

Let me know if you have any questions. This is essentially a brand new transmission and I'd love to see it get some use other than collecting dust under my work bench.

Thank you,

Lee
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
skid542
Fifth Gear

Re: 4.11 5MT, Rebuilt, all new OEM (except gears/synchros)

Post by skid542 »

Bump... just collecting dust....
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.