I LOVE MY LEGACY SS

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

nsantos23
First Gear

I LOVE MY LEGACY SS

Post by nsantos23 »

Well i just wanted to share this with you guys,

Yesterday on my way home from work, i get off the parkway and this kid with a modified somthing Honda Predule VTEC, I think it was a 2002, tried to race me! haha no doudt i left the kid on the smokes, he tried to catch up with me when i was behind another slow car, but then another opening on the right lane and i was outa there in a zip. How can it be? is my Legacy Automatic more powerful than a Prelude 2002 VTEC? wow i was impressed that kid tried everything to pass me and he couldnt because his car would not accelerate faster than mine. I felt so good, i waas smilling till i got home, my mom asked me why i was smilling, i didnt say nothing, but the feeling you get inside by leaving a newer honda behind in the smokes is priceless.

well Just something to share with you all

Take care

Neo
1990 L 2wd 5spd 215K miles
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

It's enjoyable but it reminds me of Badder Santa where the guy is talking about beating up on some kids, and how it made him feel good about himself.

I ran into a older middle aged man in a stock honda civic dx the other night and i couldn't resist. He didn't look very happy, also don't think he wanted to race but i was bored. Car looked like it was an automatic also.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

IIRC, the auto ludes had sh!tty gearing. Might be the reason. Your turbo has a much better powerband, despite the auto. Good kill.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

The VTEC preludes had 200hp, good kill. The only hondas that don't suck are the RSX-S and the S2000.
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
nsantos23
First Gear

Post by nsantos23 »

Yeah 200hp thats why i'm impressed, i didnt think i was gonna make it, but i did, the guy had his jaw dropped on the next light on rt 35, I guess good enginering and good driver = good adrenaline. hehehe
I totally feel in love with it all over again, i literally was hugging my cars hood last night, hahahah.

Neo
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

91White-T wrote:The VTEC preludes had 200hp, good kill. The only hondas that don't suck are the RSX-S and the S2000.
And the older Integra Type R.

The S2000 is cool, and a non-sucky honda, but it's slow :(
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Always nice to take out a Honda. :)
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

I held off a 300C a couple of weeks ago. Whew, that was a rush. I love my car, too. :D
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
Nomake Wan
Second Gear

Post by Nomake Wan »

Man, all of the kids with modified cars around here are running Hondas... I've seen a few riced-out Civics, a rather good impersonation of a race-yellow JDM Integra Type-R, and a red not-so-JDM Integra around my school.

But then there's the guy at Taco Bell with a Mitsubishi Mirage and the middle-aged dudes with Dodge Neons... So I guess there's a variety if you look all over town, but among my peers there's a serious tendency towards Honda. That, and most of the performance parts offered locally are for Hondas. Bah!

Good kill with the Prelude, by the way. Very nice.
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/762395]1990 Legacy L (Sold)[/url]
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564067]1992 SVX LS-L[/url]
[quote="LaureltheQueen"]I like my automatic, it's fun to drink coffee and smoke civics at the same time[/quote]
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

BAC5.2 wrote:And the older Integra Type R.
Oh yea, forgot about that one. Anyone else think the new Civic Si is the ugliest car ever?
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

the minivan? it's relatively quick... I've got a friend with a RSX-S, that's my mark of how fast I want the car to be. Once I can smoke him we're good to go
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

91White-T wrote: Anyone else think the new Civic Si is the ugliest car ever?
Its growin on me for some reason.
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

It looks like an egg
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

i concur --egg.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
professor
Third Gear

Post by professor »

I had a '91 Civic Si and that was a fun car, and damn good looking, too. Each Civic since then has looked worse.

I also think the early '90's Accord was the best looking of the lot.
That beer you are drinking cost more than my car
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Nice kill.

The only honda I want is a late 90's silver prelude for my gf/wife to drive. I like the lines and beautiful girl behind the wheel just accents that much more, but beyond that, hondas - hehe.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I majorly 0wn3d a lowered-with-rims CRX in a corner the other day...

The light was green, but I wasn't sure just how long it was going to stay that way, and neither was he. I saw him get on it a little bit, but not enough. I went for it, braked a tad late and heel-toed into 2nd and took the turn at about 35 in a very slight and perfectly neutral slide, with him about 100 ft behind me.

He gunned it and caught up to me, and then passed me with a big grin on his face.

At least he wasn't a sore loser :D
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
createnew
First Gear

Post by createnew »

Do you have anything done to yuor SS? I'm begining to wonder if my new 5MT made my car slower.

I raced my friend and his '94 Prelude Si with the 160 hp 2.3 non-vtec the other night. He only has a cold air intake. I barely took him. Tho I had a couple hundred pounds of extra personell and stereo equiptment... and my intercooler is off right now, and i turned down the boost. But still, I barely took him, and it's only the 160 hp version. I think I need to practice my launching.

I've driven a 5MT version of one of those *195hp* late 90's Preludes and I think I could have taken him before. My car pulls a lot harder with the manual tranny, but now I'm not so sure. I guess I'll have to wait 'till I get all my crap back on before I can start toastin' fools again.
Yellow '01 Kaw. ZX-7R (SOLD) :(
Gold '88 Starion ESI-R (Drift Project)
Brgndy '92 Legacy SS, Agency Power Style Headers and Up-pipe (ebay, don't stay together), Underdrive Pully, 5MT conv, mod'd WRX cold air intake and short shifter, 12.5 lb fly
createnew
First Gear

Post by createnew »

I did smoke a late 80's 5.0 mustang on the way to work today. That made me forget about the prelude incident. I need to finish the wiring on this new trany so I can get the TMIC back on.

And by the way, S2000 are the most worthless Honda piles of crap ever. Small, expensive , and slow as hell. I can't believe how slow they are for the horsepower and size. I'm sure they handle well, but even supercharged they can barely take a stock WRX in the 1/4. :evil: I hate them.
Yellow '01 Kaw. ZX-7R (SOLD) :(
Gold '88 Starion ESI-R (Drift Project)
Brgndy '92 Legacy SS, Agency Power Style Headers and Up-pipe (ebay, don't stay together), Underdrive Pully, 5MT conv, mod'd WRX cold air intake and short shifter, 12.5 lb fly
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

the 1/4 mile shows nothing about a car's performance. The WRX is built for launches and rallyx. The s2000 is built for handling. They're completely different cars. How bout this.... The wrx is unable to keep up with the s2000 on the autocross track. :)

How exactly are s2000's piles of crap? I'd say 240 hp is pretty good for a naturally aspirated 2.0L. Subaru sure as hell can't pull that. Name a roadster in the s2000 price range that is capable of what the S2000 is while still having honda reliability and emissions standards. Until you've driven/ridden in both a wrx and s2000, shut the fuck up and quit comparing apples and oranges. :)
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

Pwn3d.
98 LGT
nsantos23
First Gear

Post by nsantos23 »

Let me put it this way

I've driven both cars WRX and the honda s 2000, i hate the honda from the bottom of my heart, wrx pulls so much harder and if a much fun car to drive all around, tell me if the honda s2000 can handle in the snow or mud? No it cant so lets all settle and take a antibitchin pill and assume that we all like subies. hahahahah

Neo
nsantos23
First Gear

Post by nsantos23 »

hey createnew

at the time of the race my car was completly stock and it is an AT.

Just yesterday, i pulled the snorkus out, i felt a little difference, it runs smoother, but it lacks a bit of torque on lower RPMs. is that something i should expect? mmm well i'm getting my IC in this weekend, anyone in the Northeast area wants to participate on the install let me know i'll give ya my address.

ttyl

Neo
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

The s2000 are pretty decent cars. My boss has one, and although I don't like it too much, that thing will scream when you get the rpms over 6000. Its a whole nother animal at that point. I've never driven a car where you're romping on it and staying in the 9-10k range.

Its feels different from a wrx cause it is sappose to. Its built differently. ;)

WRX's are cool, and I've never driven one, but from what everyone has told me, I think I'd get more enjoyment out of my SS. Now all I have to do is rebuild the heads to withstand 8k revs :)
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

The wrx is an all wheel drive car, of course it's built for snow. The s2000 is built for looking really nice, driving with the top down, and enjoying the summer. You cannot compare apples and oranges. The cars were both built for very different purposes, the wrx exceeds in what it's built for, low traction surfaces and launches. The S2000 exceeds in what it's built for, cruising with the top down, and handling.

Just don't call the s2000 a piece of garbage unless you have a reason... Your only reason for disliking it is that you like the wrx better... Guess what, I like my wagon better than a crx. Doesn't mean the crx is a piece of garbage, just means that they're built for different purposes, and you cannot compare them like they're both built for snow and practicality.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G