Reman Transaxle

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

AZJEFFRO
In Neutral

Reman Transaxle

Post by AZJEFFRO »

Has anyone every bought a reman transaxle from Subaru ?? The are about $2900. But are remanned by SUBARU and have a warranty. If they have all the updates it would be worth it don't you think?? :?: :?:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention it's a 4eat ($2700 my cost)
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Sure, if you want to go that route.
I paid $350 for my used tranny I'm putting in. Sure, there's some other costs and shit in there, but I didn't feel the need to take my car to a dealer and have them put in a tranny for almost 3x what the car's worth. Doesn't make sense, G.
I have a 90-day warranty on mine, which is plenty. Just browse around, and check out your junkyards.. alot of 'em offer decent used autos for about the same, depeding on the mileage. Look for something with a longer warranty period, though. 90 days is a decent time, though. Anything that would go wrong, would most likely present itself in the first 3 months.
So I don't agree with you wholeheartedly, but it's your checkbook.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
AZJEFFRO
In Neutral

Post by AZJEFFRO »

That price was not for the dealer putting it in , it's for the transaxle only. I do all my own work. Everyone i've talked to said that the early 90's 4eat has a problem with o-ring seals and you'll probably get the same thing if you use a used tranny. Since I really love this car i'll fix it so I don't have to fix it again next month. I was just wondering if anyone has bought one of the remans from Subaru. Thanks.

Good Luck.