Whee! Look what I just got!

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

And they will not bolt up to the XT intercooler. The VF-40 from the 05 GT is different than any Suby turbo. That's why the VF-39 won't fit. The throttle body is underneath the manifold slightly, and the IC from the 05GT is different than all Suby IC's.

You'd be better off getting a VF-39 from an STi.

On another note... holy crap! Where did you get a crate EJ22T!? I bet that thing cost a few pretty penny's!
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
napstermike
First Gear

Post by napstermike »

<<And they will not bolt up to the XT intercooler. The VF-40 from the 05 GT is different than any Suby turbo. That's why the VF-39 won't fit. The throttle body is underneath the manifold slightly, and the IC from the 05GT is different than all Suby IC's. >>

thats correct. i have to get a pipe welded "up" from the turbo so i can connect a hose to it to go to the intercooler. should be fabed by this weekend.
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

That looks like a great fit. And they can be had dirt cheap. It even looks like it leaves enough room for the hose that comes out of the coolant box.
It should be plenty unless you are going for a lot of power and then why would you want a top mount?
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Sorry to bump such an old topic but there's nothing wrong with using that foam and electrical tape, or whatever the hell it is. That's how they come stock. And if FHI/SOA thinks it will last at the very least 5 yrs/60k miles. I think you should be alright with it for however long you keep the car :)
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Damn, looks like Im too late for the pics :cry:
syphon
First Gear

Post by syphon »

Huh, the thread's not even that old. I don't remember deleting those pics either.

I really want to get my stupid hesitation problem fixed before I worry about installing this IC though.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Can the pics be rer-posted? None of the links/pics work for me.
'94 TW
subiekid
First Gear

Post by subiekid »

Anyone have the pics? Does the FXT IC just slide right in?
1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Ruby Mica - Turbo - EJ22T transplant
mouth564

Award

Post by mouth564 »

:(! You should definatly be given smoething for that. :X