BIG PHATTIES

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

herr_diesel
In Neutral

BIG PHATTIES

Post by herr_diesel »

I'm going to get some flack for this, I'm sure, but check it:

BFG makes their all terrains in a teeny 215/75/R14 that I want on my 90 wagon. With a slight lift from some coil spacers, do y'all think these would fit?

Just FYI, my speedo says I'm going about 7mph faster than I actually am (according to the GPS) at highway speeds, so these might actually help some.

I don't care about handling, response, whatever. This is Montana. Mud, snow, slush, manure, bison roadkill, etc all add up to some nasty road conditions. I want something that looks tough and works well in everything. I've been running BFG AT's for a long time now on my old jeep, and they last forever.

It's either this, or I'm selling the sube and picking up an old 81 Eagle Kammback. That I know i could fit big tires under, plus all the added bling value from driving an Eagle.

Please bare with me...these last few months of winter start to mess with one's head something fierce...
90 L sedan w/ 5MT paid 250 bucks
90 L wagon w/ POS 4EAT, sold it to a hot chick, now we've been dating over 2 years
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

According to the Miata Tire Size Calculator ( http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html ), these tires would be 1.2" greater in radius and 0.6" greater in width in each direction (1.2" greater overall).

If you can get a little bit of a lift with coil spacers, the diameter shouldn't be a problem, since people do lower their Legacies an inch or so with aftermarket springs.

The width is kind of important, though, especially in the rear, so watch out for that. You could remove the wheel well molding or roll your fenders out to help, but if it ends up rubbing against the lower spring seat on the strut, you can't do too much about that.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

if it is rubbing the spring or strut, you can install spacers to decrease the backspacing. this will move the wheel out. I'm not sure how much luck youll have finding spacers for subaru though. Maybe some wrx site has them. I think that will look cool, knobbier tires go well on a subaru.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped