Air conditioning pump

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
viclava
In Neutral

Air conditioning pump

Post by viclava »

I have a 92 Legacy LS and I need a air compressor pump for my AC. Where do i get one cheap that's decent quality?
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Going to move your post to the parts thread.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
viclava
In Neutral

Post by viclava »

Thanks Josh, I'm learning
Vic
legacyrallymachine
In Neutral

Post by legacyrallymachine »

i know where you can get 2 perfectly working pumps. I just did an engine swap and the AC system was an unnessesary engine part so i had to go to loose the weight. That left me with 2 AC pumps. Just send me a personal message if your interested in buying one from me.
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

I have one.
98 LGT
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I have one also
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
viclava
In Neutral

air conditioning pump

Post by viclava »

One of ya let me know how much
Vic
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

100 bucks?
98 LGT
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

100 scrill? No.
You're in WA, what part? You can have one of mine FREE, if you PM me to come get it.. how about that? :D
Welcome, are you who I think you are?
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

You're guna queer the deal, man! :-P
98 LGT
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Hey, My airconditioning compressor just siezed up the other day - burned the belt all to heck. I guess this is a common problem.

My in dependent mechanic (www.Smart-Service.com) says it's too expensive to fix (upwards of 1200 bucks! for him to do it) so I was going to get him to empty it out of the freon and get a neighbor to help me remove all that shee-ay-it from the engine bay. Don't need airconditioning up here in Seattle anyway...

Question to the group reading this: How hard is it to take all this stuff out? And are there any preformance gains besides less weight? I'm thinking the radiator will get more direct air cooling with out the air conditioning rad in front of it...

WA guys let me know your experience. Plus, I'd love to meet and see your cars!
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

It's not difficult at all to take the stuff out, just dont let anyone see you letting the freon out.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
legacyrallymachine
In Neutral

Post by legacyrallymachine »

il sell mine for $90 give ya a deal if you buy 2 and sell them for $160
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Besides the decreased weight, I think the only other advantage would be less accessory load, same as turning the AC off.
90 L+ wgn
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

^^ Werd. What he said. It's only a gain in that you've got less parasitic loss.. one less pully turning, all that jazz.
Adam West, PM me if you'd like, I'm usually free in the afternoons, and willing (read: lonely) to meet up with Subie-newbies!
I just cleaned SC, so it's ready to be scoped out. :wink:
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

I have 4 of these, as well as the heat exchanger and everything else you might ever want for an AC system. All of them have been converted to modern coolant, as well. $50 each for condensors, shipped price to anywhere in the lower 48...

All I need from you is what part number you are looking to match. There are different hose locations and models from different year cars. You will want to match this and not just buy the first one that comes along. There are even two different manufacturers over the years...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Thanks 91, I'll PM you right now.

For all the other Seattle are folks and car nuts - there's racing of the vintage racing club this weekend at Pacfic Raceways. 1970 and earlier, call SOVREN.

Friday and Saturday. I think it's 8 bucks to get - but we worth the free roaming in the paddock. The Corvettes with straight pipes are amazing as are the Aflas, Porsches et al.

See you there?

http://www.sovren.org/competition/event ... _2002.html
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
Adam West
Fourth Gear

A/C Delete

Post by Adam West »

Reviving this thread with a quick Q. Went last summer w/out an air conditioner and didn't really miss it. Prior to autocross season I want to delete the a/c and all the parts and lose some weight but don't want to lose my precious defroster. What's the work around here? Those folks that have deleted A/C hardware can you chime in with wiring fixes and what exact functions are left for in-cabin comfort? Thx. Adam
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

The defroster will still work, just not as well, especially before the engine warms up.

All the buttons in the dash will continue to work; it's just that the air won't ever be conditioned, since there's no air conditioning.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

My defrost works fine. I really didn't notice too much of a difference, and I rarely use any HVAC control other than 'def heat'.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Yeah actually I'd like to be able to use the defroster without the damn A/C engaging. Uncle Sam's regulations limit the control I have over my vehicle's operation. :(

Sure it's nice to have hot, dry air for your windshield. But most times, the hot will do by itself.
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I don't think cars are required to turn on the A/C when you use the defroster. I thought it was because a) it makes the defroster work better, and b) it helps make sure the air conditioning compressor doesn't fail from disuse during the winter.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Good to know. That wire plug that rides on top of the a/c compressor evidently needs to stay where it is because unplugging it stops the dash fan working...Also, looks like I need to remove the rad to get at the air conditioning rad. That's going to be the worst part I guess. I'm going to move my Supertones front of radiator at the same time. 112Db at the stock locations is just not loud enough, yet! :twisted:
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

free5ty1e wrote:Yeah actually I'd like to be able to use the defroster without the damn A/C engaging. Uncle Sam's regulations limit the control I have over my vehicle's operation. :(

Sure it's nice to have hot, dry air for your windshield. But most times, the hot will do by itself.
Try using "HEAT"
90 L+ wgn
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

In the "HEAT" position very little air comes out the defrost vents.