GoT MY SAAB INTERCOOLER!

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

nsantos23
First Gear

GoT MY SAAB INTERCOOLER!

Post by nsantos23 »

hey guys,

with spring like temp in the northeast i have started planning my modification projects. I got a saab IC for $35 this morning.

First mod will be to remove the snorkus, then install the ic.

Any major " no no's" that i should know about installing the IC?

thanks

Neo
1990 L 2wd 5spd 215K miles
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I highly recommend doing something about the coolant tank before installing the Saab intercooler. I'm pretty sure everyone who hasn't (including myself) has suffered damage to the tank.

The simplest thing to do, in my opinion, is to just re-mount it sideways. I recently made a post in one of the threads about Laurel's air/water intercooler install describing how I did it.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
KC0514
First Gear

Post by KC0514 »

I agree with that.

I broke 2 fittings on my tank during the Intercooler install and it added alot of down time and frustration to the project.
"Better to be a racer for a moment, than a spectator for life."- unknown

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games." -Ernest Hemingway
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

vrg3 wrote:The simplest thing to do, in my opinion, is to just re-mount it sideways.
Simple, but not a good idea: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=107827
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
kidwired
First Gear

Post by kidwired »

nsantos,
I'm just 1 step head of you. I got a saab IC and a bunch of misc IC pipes today for $40. I just did the snorkus today.

I removed the snorkus from the tank, cut the V, trimmed the flare off the tube. Then I removed the fog light blank bezel thingy and cut the back off of it so I can turn it into a functional intake.

Tomorrow I plan to epoxy some tube to the back of the bezel install a screen and connect it to the snork w/ some flex tube.

BTW one of the IC tubes I got was from a Volvo wag, it's the right diameter and has a connector for the BOV already. So I"ll cut off the excess (12-15"). Maybe I'll install it tomorrow.
Goodbye my sweet, parting is such sweet sorrow....1993 BC6 , Saab IC, with xtras Hallman MBC, HKS FCD , wrx exaust.
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

That was more than two months ago, I'm not sure how many steps you are ahead of him :)
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
nsantos23
First Gear

Post by nsantos23 »

mmm hehe i have it done and running for about a month now, where were you, venus? hehehehe :twisted:
1990 L 2wd 5spd 215K miles