1993 wagon Ver4 STI swap

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

worth it?

yes
62%
no
9%
Shit! Bonerz
29%

Total votes: 34

josh9227
In Neutral

Post by josh9227 »

91White-T wrote:I recommend gutting it and tinting the windows. Like so:

It will really haul then, thats about 100 lbs, plus more if you strip the a/c and other crap.
well it my daily driver i need back seats i like the clean look inside and i'm to lazy to do it... i took out the a/c and everything to do with it out
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Nice swap, that's gotta be worth the effort/money you put into it. It could do without the stickers, but still, who voted no on the poll?
90 L+ wgn
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

LedJetta wrote: you guys, while having generally poor aesthetic tastes, do circle the wagons well. and i can appreciate that.

p.s. i just think lame decals plastered all over a car that has a serious mill kind of defeats the whole sleeper concept. plus its tacky and redneck. sweet motor though dude!

p.s.s. you guys are mean, i like(d) both my wagons. :shock:
So WE have poor aesthetic taste? :lol: you drive an emmm kaayy 3 jetta and a legacy with wood trim. just because wood looks good on a 1968 country squier doesnt mean it looks good on a BC. for a legacy, I just dont see much difference between a huge sticker and some fake wood, but at least that sticker is funny.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

I gutted my daily driver lol
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

206er wrote:
LedJetta wrote: you guys, while having generally poor aesthetic tastes, do circle the wagons well. and i can appreciate that.

p.s. i just think lame decals plastered all over a car that has a serious mill kind of defeats the whole sleeper concept. plus its tacky and redneck. sweet motor though dude!

p.s.s. you guys are mean, i like(d) both my wagons. :shock:
So WE have poor aesthetic taste? :lol: you drive an emmm kaayy 3 jetta and a legacy with wood trim. just because wood looks good on a 1968 country squier doesnt mean it looks good on a BC. for a legacy, I just dont see much difference between a huge sticker and some fake wood, but at least that sticker is funny.
Yikes.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

I could care less if it's a wagon or a sedan. Though I am more partial to the sedans.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
LedJetta
Vendor
Vendor

Post by LedJetta »

AWD_addict wrote: who voted no on the poll?
that was me. :shock: :)
LedJetta
Vendor
Vendor

Post by LedJetta »

206er wrote:So WE have poor aesthetic taste? :lol: you drive an emmm kaayy 3 jetta and a legacy with wood trim. just because wood looks good on a 1968 country squier doesnt mean it looks good on a BC. for a legacy, I just dont see much difference between a huge sticker and some fake wood, but at least that sticker is funny.
i repeat, yes you do. see the little thing you are forgetting is, there is a difference between doing something for fun as a "joke" and submitting your car for others approval because youve done something expensive and major to it. he asked what people thought, he put it out there. i responded truthfully. and his stickers will never be funny...on a side note you probably laugh at king of queens dont you.

a joke is something to do for shits and giggles because instead of fixing your car after the three times you got hit in college parking lots, you paid rent and covered the dents with fake wood decals. "fun".

its the difference being tongue and cheek and being truly tasteless. and i dont even have the 91 woody anymore, i have a bone stock 94 touring wagon. ya loser. :D

and what does me having a mk3 jetta have to do with anything haha? you phrased it as though it was something taboo.

"hes got a mk3 jetta, and we all know what that means, dont we boys." :?:
LedJetta
Vendor
Vendor

Post by LedJetta »

THAWA wrote:I could care less if it's a wagon or a sedan. Though I am more partial to the sedans.
i think you mean you COULDN'T care less. could care less implies that you do in fact care. :wink:
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

this whole argument/highjack is retarded. sorry LedJetta for insulting you, just kind of rubbed me the wrong way seeing anyone badmouth a car like that in any way. seemed like you were insulting the whole car and not just the sticker. and sorry josh9227 for the highjack. I posted in the wrong state of mind. everyone should do whatever they want to their cars, and no one should judge them for it. Maybe we should all just bite our tongues(fingers?) next time we see something we don't like. I'm sure going to try.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

LedJetta wrote:
AWD_addict wrote: who voted no on the poll?
that was me. :shock: :)
Figures :wink: I could have deduced that after reading the whole thread.
90 L+ wgn
LedJetta
Vendor
Vendor

Post by LedJetta »

206er wrote:this whole argument/highjack is retarded. sorry LedJetta for insulting you, just kind of rubbed me the wrong way seeing anyone badmouth a car like that in any way. seemed like you were insulting the whole car and not just the sticker. and sorry josh9227 for the highjack. I posted in the wrong state of mind. everyone should do whatever they want to their cars, and no one should judge them for it. Maybe we should all just bite our tongues(fingers?) next time we see something we don't like. I'm sure going to try.
i am sure everyone can live with the fact that some smartass with a (gasp) jetta doesnt like their car. he asked for everyones opinion. i gave mine. thats the whole point. i REALLY dont care what you guys think of me or my cars. honestly. reading through this forum, its totally inbred. you all like the same shit, you have the same ideas. its totally boring. the message shouldnt be if you dont like it shut up. it should be if someone doesnt like your car who fucking cares.

it doesnt have to be an asskiss fest for people to get along. youre just going to have to live with the fact that some people, like myself, are going to stick their noses in every now and then and tell you that your super-fast subaru is ugly as hell.

obviously i appreciate these cars, its why i am here. i just have a different approach. ive encountered nothing but attacks since ive posted here, so i am used to my opinions encountering resistance. and i still think his cars appearance could use some attention.
LedJetta
Vendor
Vendor

Post by LedJetta »

AWD_addict wrote: Figures :wink: I could have deduced that after reading the whole thread.
that category looked lonely. :(
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

You guys be nice, or you're all getting a spanking, you hear me?

:lol:
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

LedJetta wrote:you all like the same shit, you have the same ideas. its totally boring. the message shouldnt be if you dont like it shut up. it should be if someone doesnt like your car who fucking cares.
We all have WRX penis-envy.

I despise anything to do with volkswagen. You're all right though, led.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
LedJetta
Vendor
Vendor

Post by LedJetta »

scottzg wrote: We all have WRX penis-envy.

the wrx is badass, no doubt. id rather drive a 94 touring wagon that was faster and looked better though. (and has all its glorious chrome trim) :D

i love everything about volkswagens. :twisted:

but super sleeper AWD wagons that are done CORRECTLY are right up there. they satisfy my subtle side.

rock.
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

I don't care what you think of his car or anyone elses. I don't care what anyone thinks of anyone elses car. If you don't like it that's fine by me. If you do like it that's fine by me also. I don't see why we should censor someone's opinion. I actually like most vw's and european cars in general for an visual standpoint. Corrados and Sciroccos are easily in the top 10 of best looking cars.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one.
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
josh9227
In Neutral

Post by josh9227 »

Last edited by josh9227 on Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ver 4 STI 300hp VF23....now td04 :-( dam shaft 4.444 spec c trany LTD slip plated diff SOLD
2002 forester S sport 5spd STOCK for now.....
josh9227
In Neutral

Post by josh9227 »

LedJetta wrote:

the wrx is badass, no doubt. id rather drive a 94 touring wagon that was faster and looked better though. (and has all its glorious chrome trim) :D

i love everything about volkswagens. :twisted:

but super sleeper AWD wagons that are done CORRECTLY are right up there. they satisfy my subtle side.

rock.
I like VW, the R32 is amazing, i would take a 94 wagon over a USDM WRX and my wagon is CORRECTLY done (well once its painted)
ver 4 STI 300hp VF23....now td04 :-( dam shaft 4.444 spec c trany LTD slip plated diff SOLD
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

you got the 4start guys to put that all togther, dame you must be in the hole a couple Gs.

where you from? if your close to hamilton we are haveing a cruz on the 30th of this month check the www.toronto-subaru-club.com out.

i would love to see your bc wagon project, i have just finished my project, a 1995 Subaru Impreza L Sedan, it has my legacyturbo motor in it. its about 350hp in a impreza that has no power nuthing. its 800lbs less then my turbolegacy its a ROCKET shock an aww a sti bye 2 car lengths.

pics will be up soon on this board
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
93EJ22-Loosy
In Neutral

Post by 93EJ22-Loosy »

I am so in love with that swap. I cant imagine how satisfying it must feel everytime you turn the key. My life is offically dedicated to making that swap.

can I get some thoughts? is it better to do the 5MT swap at the same time as an engine swap or should you do one first then the other. I am trying to decide whether to save up for both or do one at a time.
redesigning my '93 Leg Wag in my head...and then looking at my bank account...and crying.

Cant believe there are more of me out there!!!
josh9227
In Neutral

Post by josh9227 »

so she is now gone sold it now what can I do?
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

why the heck did you sell it?

Version 8 swap? that wagon was an inspiration, if only my pockets were deeper
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I second corsair's question: The hell possessed you to sell it, after all that work??
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok