legacy sport sedan

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

gunablue
In Neutral

legacy sport sedan

Post by gunablue »

Hello,

I'm a newbie with a question....lol...I ran across a 92 legacy turbo for sale. It needs some things done to it and has roughly 180,000 on it. The guy wants $600 for it. Is that a good deal? Mileage doesn't really matter to me...I bought my loyale with 160,000 on it and it runs wonderfully. He says the awd functions properly. Reverse is gone in the tranny (which really doesn't matter to me as I'll have a 5spd installed anyway. The speedo cable also needs replaced as it's causing erratic shifting. It also needs a right cv joint. I don't mind a project car, as I already have a 95 svx and a 92 4wd loyale to get me around.

Thoughts?? :?:
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I have 220K on my wagon and I still have the original:
alternator, power steering pump, fuel system except for filter, wheel bearings, all blinkers and one brake light (check all the nearly new cars on the road that always have them out), and the A/C compressor (uhm, but that just died, so...). Nearly everything that broke with the exception of the CV joints (I've only replaced once) and the radiator was from me beating the bag out of it. Good luck.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
paf
First Gear

Post by paf »

I would take it
1990 FWD Legacy Wagon Base
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

buy it quick!not many of them around :)
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Yes, yes. Buy buy. Is it a sedan or a wagon? There are a couple of people that have done the 5-speed swaps on this board, so you are covered there. Having a axle replaced is no big deal at all. You will love this car, especially with a 5-speed.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
gunablue
In Neutral

Post by gunablue »

it's a white sedan. all forward gears function but no reverse. I'll just drive it till it quits and convert it to a 5 spd. I can hardly wait. A friend has a 93 turbo wagon that I'm always drooling over.......is the speedo cable hard to replace? It's almost 400 miles away from me and i'm gonna have to trailer it unless i can fix the cable......
Bobby

1992 Legacy Sport Sedan 183,000
1995 SVX L AWD - Laguna Blue Pearl 100,000
2002 WRX sedan - Sedona Red Pearl 48,000
gunablue
In Neutral

speedo cable

Post by gunablue »

Hi!!
I have two questions regarding my car. First question, what would cause the transmission to shift erratically? Would a broken speedo cable cause this? Would a broken speedo cable cause loss of reverse or is that just a typical problem with the 4eat. I have an SVX, so I'm familiar with the problems they have...just wasn't sure if they were the same....

Second question, looks like I'm going to have to give up on the idea of a manual tranny swap because I'm having knee trouble. So my question is, do I have to put a Legacy turbo tranny in my car ( the people at the junk yards that I've spoken with thus far say I have to) or can I put a tranny from any subie within 92-95 as long as the ratios match between the tranny and rear diff?

Please help as I'm quite confused.

Thanks!!
Bobby

1992 Legacy Sport Sedan 183,000
1995 SVX L AWD - Laguna Blue Pearl 100,000
2002 WRX sedan - Sedona Red Pearl 48,000