What a weekend!

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Binford
Third Gear

What a weekend!

Post by Binford »

And I didn't even get drunk! Since I had to work Saturday, I got today (Monday) off, so my weekend is just ending now. It started off Friday night, actually, as I removed my complete exhuast system and installed my Bosal twin dump downpipe. Running around with an open downpipe is VERY loud, and VERY fun! Also, Legacytuner decided to (finally!) buy a replacement tranny for his ride that's been out of comission for almost a year. So Saturday night around 9:00pm we started pulling his tranny. We worked until about 2:30 in the morning and had the tranny ready to pull. Sunday, I pretty much slept all day :) , until Jeff's woman would let him play in the garage, about 6:00pm. We pulled the tranny and fought with the new one untill about 11:30.

So this morning, I drove all over hell enjoying having the loudest exhuast in town :lol: . But I gave in and shelled out a whole $70 for 2.5 inch pipe bent up from the downpipe back and a fart can I had lying around welded on. It seems too quiet now. :lol: Jeff called me after he got off work and we finished it up tonight. Actually, I didn't do much of anything tonight other than supervise and a couple little things. Jeff wanted to learn how to do this stuff, so left it for him. We took it for a test drive at 10:00 and all seems fine. So now there's two SS's in town at the same time, and we both work at the same place. Imagine parking next to another SS at work everyday! This should be fun! 8)
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!
Legacytuner
First Gear

Post by Legacytuner »

Thanks for all your help man!

(my exhaust is louder than yours)
Proud owner of a 1991 Silver 5MT
Gold wrx wheels,Straight Exhaust, DNA Boost Controler 12 Psi, Ngk's, De-Snorked, Carbon fiber hood scoop in the werks
1991 White 5MT(Sold to Friend), AKA BINFORD

"KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT SUBARU"
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

Ya, NOW! But who's faster? :twisted:
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

where in MN are you guys again?

in the DL area right?

just went throught there on sat. to go to visit some friends in bemidji.

we should try and meet up at OFPR. if we all can make it, of course.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

oh and where did you get the bosal DP.

looks like a decent pipe and a good price at around 250.

curious to see how it performs for you.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

Yep we're in DL. What's OFPR? :oops: I'd like to have a get together, should be fun.

I got the downpipe off Nasioc for $175.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Sounds like a fun weekend! Was it an AT? Them bitches is heavy.

My exhaust isn't the loudest but it sure is the best sounding!
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

Binford wrote:Yep we're in DL. What's OFPR? :oops: I'd like to have a get together, should be fun.

I got the downpipe off Nasioc for $175.
Ojibwe Forests Pro Rally in/around bemidji in mid august. i plan on being there for at least one of the two days if not both.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

Oh, right! Legacytuner went there last year. I'd like to check it out, but I can't be sure if I can make it. We'll see.

About my last post, I cut it short 'cuz I'm at work. I meant to say I'm not sure how much the downpipe helped. I never took note of how quick the turbo fully spooled, but it does spool quicker now. I also replaced the whole exhuast system, so removing the cat and stock muffler surely helped, too! :lol: When I was running just the downpipe it felt quicker becuase of the "louder makes it faster" principle. :D
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

Hey Matt, I missed your post earlier! The tranny was a 5 speed as per Legacytuners' sig. :wink: I've never had anything to do with 4eat so I don't know how much heavier they are. 5 speed's heavy enough! What makes your exhuast sound the best? Speaking of exhuast being loud, though, read below! Hehe.

BTW Greg, I actually just got back from Fargo a couple minutes ago. I got a call at 6:00 after work saying I "had" to go to Eclipse training(car audio) at O'Kelley Inn at 7:00. I had some excitement on the way there, courtesy of the great State Trooper I had the privelidge to meet :) He had someone else pulled over on the side of the road, and I moved over to the left lane with my cruise set at 70. I look back to see him get out of his car to talk to this person, and I merge back to the right lane and continue on my way. About two minutes later he comes flying up in the left lane, catches up to me, pulls behind me, and shows me his purdy liights! I was like WTF! He left someone else that he already had pulled over to come catch me! He asked me if there was a reason why my exhuast was so loud. :?: It's no louder than it was with the stock muffler with a hole in it(numerous people have confirmed this, and they don't believe it's loud at all). I told him I just put all brand new exhuast on Monday, and showed him my reciept! He said that the exhuast can't be any louder than the engine itself! Which is pretty funny, too, since my water pump bearings are shot and sound TERRIBLEY loud (louder than my exhuast at idle). Anyway, I ended up with "recommendation" to check into the Mn statutes concerning this, and was cited for no proof of insurance (Even longer story about that, though I do have insurance on my SS) :) I think the fart can was just the sign saying to pull me over, so I don't think that'll stay on there too much longer!
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

what really sucks is your car is no louder than any of the damn "choppers" rattling the pictures on my walls as the scream down my street all damn night.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

legacy92ej22t wrote:My exhaust isn't the loudest but it sure is the best sounding!
I dunno, nothing but a downpipe sounds pretty sweet at times :)
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Binford wrote:Hey Matt, I missed your post earlier! The tranny was a 5 speed as per Legacytuners' sig. :wink: I've never had anything to do with 4eat so I don't know how much heavier they are. 5 speed's heavy enough!

Ooh, I looked at the post but didn't even look at the sig. :oops:

What makes your exhuast sound the best?
Just three little things.... C.E.S. :twisted:
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]