What a morning!!

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

What a morning!!

Post by Legacy777 »

I had a rather exciting morning today....probably not in a good way though.

I was headed up to Greenville, SC for work. I left the house around 5:30 or so. I start driving down the road, and the car is smoking like crazy. I was like WTF is going on. I had sprayed the IAC valve with brake cleaner this past weekend, and didn't drive it much since I did that. So I'm pretty sure it was because of that. It eventually stopped after a few miles. However it was a little freaky to say the least. I checked at the airport, and there's a nice coating all over the rear bumper.

So I'm on the way to the airport, and I just got onto I-45. This truck goes to move over to the left one lane. There was however a newer trans am right there. The trans am jerked the car to the left. I still don't know if the truck hit him. But the trans am over corrected, went into a skid to the left, he corrected, again over corrected, car goes right, he corrected again, car comes almost completely 90 degrees to traffic, and he goes shooting off to the right. LUCKILY there was an offramp there, and he goes shooting onto the frontage road, and eventually comes to a stop. If the exit wasn't there, he would've plowed into the concrete barrier head on doing at least 50 mph!!!

All this happened right in front of me!! Definitely got the addrenaline going.

So that was my morning....that and spending my morning flying....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Damn, that sounds hairy. That guys lucky.

I saw an old Toyota pickup with a small camper flip over on RT97 on the way to Mt. Bachelor once. He was right behind my buddy and I (we were in his dads 91 BF too!) and the people in front of us tapped there brakes causing us to tap ours. Well this guy must not have been paying attention because he almost ran into the back of us and at the last second he hit his brakes hard and slid sideways, then rolled over. THere was a lot of traffic so we just kept going (powder day, can't be laggin'). It was crazy though because it was like slow motion as he went over. I'll never forget it.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

You want to hear an interesting traffic incident???

Last week Friday, I'm at work driving the shuttle, just sitting at my intersection deep in thought about the meaning of my life :roll:, when I see a WHEEL roll across the intersection!!! Not far behind it was an old-ass Caravan (one of the first years) careening through the intersection with one wheel missing!!!

The van scraped its way safely into the grass over by me without hitting anything... but the WHEEL rolled across the intersection, straight into the fender of a brand-new Mercedes C-Class!!

An unfortunate incident, but since no one was injured, I found it appropriate that I commence laughing my ass off for at least a good half-hour afterwards!
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

If someone gets hurt because of his own act of utter stipidity, I think it's ok to laugh. I think it might help natural selection.
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

my drive to work this morning was pretty intersting compared to normal as well. Luckily my 55 mile commute is against traffic, so it only takes me like 50 minutes to get there. Aside from a little slowness driving to the freeway and at interchanges, I can pretty much go 80+ the whole way (note to self: buy a V1). Anyway, I was cruising at about 85 when a Porshe 996 turbo and Corvette Z06 got on in front of me. They both cut to the left lane, full throttle, with the Porshe in front, and the Vette pulled over into the 2 lane, but didn't really pull on it. I imagine they hit at 140 easy. Then they both got off at the next exit.

Then, a little later, traffic slowed down, and I thought: great, some asshole creamed himself. Yeah, pretty much. Two right lanes closed with semi pulled over to the side, an ambulance, and a cop car. Looking back down the carpool lane I could see like 4 more CHPs come by. There was an I think old VW van, that had somehow managed to get over the guardrail up against a bridge abutment on it's side, with the roof completely ripped off. I have a feeling the occupants didn't do so well, and I imagine the semi sideswiped it or something.
peter@functionauto.com
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

-K- wrote:If someone gets hurt because of his own act of utter stipidity, I think it's ok to laugh. I think it might help natural selection.
It's never ok to laugh when someone gets hurt. Is it ok for me to laugh when I see people getting hurt doing something I THINK is stupid. That seems like a pretty open ended thing to me.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

You know what they say..

it's all fun and games 'til someone gets hurt. .

. . . and then it's H I L A R I O US ! !
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Out of curiousity, where is the IAC valve?
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

dzx wrote:Out of curiousity, where is the IAC valve?
...and where can i attach a hose so i have a cold air intake iac?
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Too bad it won't ever be as cool as my electric superchaged IAC.
peter@functionauto.com